Embedding XML  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Embedding XML

by marco.lanciani » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 pm

To edit the xml I need to create the VT without embedding it.

Let's say now I don't want others to modify the VT (that is the xml) and everything else, at least not this easy, can I embed all the files, so to end up only with an "html" and its associated "swf"?
Or, if I set PTP (APT) to export the VT embedding all the file, is there any way to modify parameters in the xml?

Thanks,

no avatar
Adrien F

Info

by Adrien F » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:Or, if I set PTP (APT) to export the VT embedding all the file, is there any way to modify parameters in the xml?

You still can edit your tour via javascript if you feel like to, but still, every modification will be viewable by anybody.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:To edit the xml I need to create the VT without embedding it.

Let's say now I don't want others to modify the VT (that is the xml) and everything else, at least not this easy, can I embed all the files, so to end up only with an "html" and its associated "swf"?
Or, if I set PTP (APT) to export the VT embedding all the file, is there any way to modify parameters in the xml?

Thanks,

Use "KRProtect" to protect your tour. You can find it in the KRPano-tools folder.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

klausesser wrote:
marco.lanciani wrote:To edit the xml I need to create the VT without embedding it.

Thanks,

Use "KRProtect" to protect your tour. You can find it in the KRPano-tools folder.

best, Klaus

Not sure whether that will be an option in future for those who do not already have a licence for krpano.

As I understand it people who purchase a licence for Panotour Pro - which will have an 'embedded' licence for the krpano player and some plug-in functionality - will not also get a 'external' licence for krpano tools.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:37 pm

klausesser wrote:Use "KRProtect" to protect your tour. You can find it in the KRPano-tools folder.

best, Klaus

This seems a very good solution. I've to try it.
Thanks,

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:42 pm

mediavets wrote:As I understand it people who purchase a licence for Panotour Pro - which will have an 'embedded' licence for the krpano player and some plug-in functionality - will not also get a 'external' licence for krpano tools.

When ordering APG/APT you can choose the option: "unlimited license" - and this means a license for the KRPano-tools also which contains KRProtect and all other tools from KR including object-vr.
That´s the "full package" so to speak - and high recommendable!
If you want to do iPhone/iPad panos you also have to get an iPhone-license extra from KR - don´t know whether it´s contained in PanoTour Pro - guess it is because we work with it.

best to you, Klaus

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 pm

klausesser wrote:don´t know whether it´s contained in PanoTour Pro - guess it is because we work with it.

Yes, it's inside.

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:05 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:
klausesser wrote:don´t know whether it´s contained in PanoTour Pro - guess it is because we work with it.

Yes, it's inside.

...So KRprotect is inside PTP... does this mean I can embed all the files, after editing them, reimporting them in PTP?
If so, how?
If not, this might be an interesting option.

To Klausesser,

I tried krprotect but wasn't able to use it. Also there is no tutorial online. Following a screenshot of my files.
I'd like to end up only with two files: "index.html" and "index.swf". Is this possible?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:43 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:

Yes, it's inside.

...So KRprotect is inside PTP...

No...that comment realted to the ability to generate VRs for Apple iDevices.
does this mean I can embed all the files, after editing them, reimporting them in PTP?

No.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
ludo3

Info

by ludo3 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Sooo awesome!
I had just the same question and didn't know what to do...
KRPROTECT of course!

Thank you Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:...So KRprotect is inside PTP...
If not, this might be an interesting option.

Yes, it would intersting to have the functionality of Kprotect made avilable from within Panotour.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 pm

mediavets wrote:No...that comment realted to the ability to generate VRs for Apple iDevices.

Depends on what we´re talking about exactly, Andrew! The KRProtect is independent from any kind of device.
It was part of the unlimited license version of APT.
For using VR for iPad/Pod/Phones you needed a special iPhone-license - don´t still know whether that changed in PTP because we already had one when PTP came up . . this has nothing to do with KRProtect (as i understand the licensing)
best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:23 pm

ludo3 wrote:Sooo awesome!
I had just the same question and didn't know what to do...
KRPROTECT of course!

Thank you Klaus

;):cool:

best, Klaus

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:To Klausesser,

I tried krprotect but wasn't able to use it. Also there is no tutorial online. Following a screenshot of my files.
I'd like to end up only with two files: "index.html" and "index.swf". Is this possible?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Got it! I embedded the .xml files with krprotect into the .swf file but trying to embed also the "Scripts" folder, which contain a couple of .js, the virtual tour doesn't load.
- Can I embed them?
- Also, can I embed all the tiles? And, is it convenient, if possible?
It seems as it takes a lot of time to load all the tiles in krprotect. And what about online behavior?

Thanks,

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:39 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:Got it! I embedded the .xml files with krprotect into the .swf file but trying to embed also the "Scripts" folder, which contain a couple of .js, the virtual tour doesn't load.
- Can I embed them?

Thanks,

I think this may answer your question?:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3951#post3951
Andrew Stephens