Ability to go 'Back' when navigating tour  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
safron

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Ability to go 'Back' when navigating tour

by safron » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Is there any way to go 'Back' in a PanotourPro tour?

I see there are plugins to go to the 'next' or 'previous' item/group in the tour order but is there a way to go to the the most recent item before the current one?

Basically like hitting the backspace in a regular web browser.

Thanks,
- Eric

no avatar
safron

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Ability to go 'Back' when navigating tour

by safron » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Still looking into how this could be coded as a plugin.

1. Maintain a previousSceneId to go back to as an action
- This could be a FIFO queue to keep a history of scenes

2. Generate a sort of 'Scenes that link to this scene' list and go back to one of these
- Works well for my use case since I have a main tour loop that has many branches that I would want to return to the
main loop
- Would probably have to be created at build time to make a sort of hash map (M + N time) to avoid looping over every
scene on scene load

option 1 seems the most universally applicable and useful. I'm still new at making plugins with Krpano and I'm not sure what kind of drawbacks there are to using the javascript methods.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here.

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 163 posts
Info

Re: Ability to go 'Back' when navigating tour

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello,

i have done 2 variations of this, both without Javascript:

The first approach enables to go back to the last seen pano, it does not maintain a list of all panos seen so far.
This can be done by modifying the "mainloadscene"-action on startup to save the current scene before doing the switch, then you can call the mainloadscene-action from a button like this: "mainloadscene( get(LASTPANO) )";

The other solution uses a modified version of the new Combobox, the "onnewpano"-event is used in this case to dynamically create the list of all panos seen so far.

Although these plugins are not available in my shop, i do offer them on request, feel free to contact me at any time for details.

Best wishes,
Michael Brüning
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

benji33 likes this post.