Music not playing on iphone/ipad until hotspot clicked   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
bob1010

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Music not playing on iphone/ipad until hotspot clicked

by bob1010 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm

I've added music to the following tour, it works fine on my PC in Windows 7 in IE, Chrome & Firefox, the music loads immediately, but on an iphone & ipad the music doesn't load until you click an image hotspot. I've ticked the endless sound option in background sound & play sounds in the start parameters. It seems odd that the music loads immediately on PC but not on an iphone or ipad until you click a hotspot - any ideas what the problem might be?

Here is the link to the tour: http://www.irisimage.com/360-degree-gal ... ith-music/

kind regards,

Rob

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Music not playing on iphone/ipad until hotspot clicked

by Annis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:23 pm

On mobiles, sound can not autoplay, you need to physically touch the screen for it to start.
This is a general mobile limitation that we have no control over.

no avatar
bob1010

Topic author
Info

by bob1010 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 pm

thanks for your reply, I understand that, I've seen that on previous tours without hotspots, I guess my question is that if your tour has hotspots the music doesn't play when you touch the screen it will only begin to play once a hotspot is clicked rather than touching the screen to navigate the panorama - is that correct?

thanks,

Rob

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Hotspots won't change that, unless they are sound or video hotspots. If you have video or sound hotspots, one of them will take priority, and the others won't be able to play. Only one sound can play at a time on mobile.

no avatar
bob1010

Topic author
Info

by bob1010 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Ok thanks, not sure what's happened on my tour to stop the sound starting upon first touch of the screen then, I don't have any sound or video hotspots just still images.

Regards,

Rob

no avatar
bob1010

Topic author
Info

Music not playing on iphone  [SOLVED]

by bob1010 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Sorted this, tried tour on 3G and it now works on first touch of the screen on iPhone, must have been my wifi connection I think. Ticked lock by mistake on first post, just wanted to thank you for your help.

Rob

Annis likes this post.