Re-import multi res output  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
PanoBird

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re-import multi res output

by PanoBird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Can I re-import multi res tiles just as I could use regular tiles?
Can I get back the old original panorama once it's been cut into small pieces?

Or is multi res a one way ticket to destination fucked if you lose the original footage?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Re-import multi res output

by Annis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 pm

You could recreate the panorama from the cube faces located in the html5 folder of the tiles, by importing them in PTP.
However, you would not be able to retrieve the original full-resolution panorama.

no avatar
PanoBird

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by PanoBird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:33 pm

The subtiles are all in various levels of subfolders. Using the import cubefase tool in the import menu, only allows selection of images. So I would have to throw all the images in one folder, select them all and then It would get the original panorama back?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:14 am

No you can't use the multiresolution tiles, only the cube faces to recreate a panorama.

html5.png

Select the 6 cube faces of the html5 folder and drag them into PTP, or in PTP open the file menu > import > cubefaces to create the panorama from cube faces.

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 163 posts
Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:02 pm

With the help of "krpanotools" and PTP it is possible to recreate the original pano from multilevel tiles.
See the instructions given by the KRPano developer here: https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=14391#post14391

With current version of KRPano, the naming of the tool has been changed, it now has to be called as "krpanotools maketiles ..."

Following is an example of a 10908x5454 pano using the square 512bytes cube tiles that were placed into a directory under the "<yourprojectname>data" directory. You get the name of the pano directory in question by looking up the panoid clicking on the info icon besides the pano name. There are 6 directories named 0 to 5, one for each side of the cube, inside of each there are the directories holding the tilesets for the different resolution levels.

So first you have to recreate the 6 cubefaces to then be able to import them into PTP. For each side of the cube, enter the directory holding the high-resolution tiles to run a command as follows:
Code: Select all
krpanotools maketiles %v_%h.jpg retiled.tif 0 -inindexbase=0 -insize=3584x3584 -intilesize=512

In my case, there are 7x7 tiles of 512 bytes which gives a square size of 3584x3584 pixel.

If you are on a Unix-like system you can automate these steps as follows:
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5
do /opt/krpano-1.19-pr8/krpanotools maketiles $i/2/%v_%h.jpg $i.tif 0 -inindexbase=0 -insize=3584x3584 -intilesize=512
done

This leaves you with the 6 cubefaces 0.tif, 1.tif to 5.tif which can be imported into PTP, the resulting image can be exported to have the original pano.

EDIT:
Using the "krpanotools cube2sphere"-tool you can omit the manual import/export of the cubefaces and reconstruct the pano as follows:
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5
do krpanotools maketiles $i/2/%v_%h.jpg $i.tif 0 -inindexbase=0 -insize=3584x3584 -intilesize=512
   krpanotools cube2sphere -f=0.tif -r=1.tif -b=2.tif -l=3.tif -u=4.tif -d=5.tif -o=pano.tif
done
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

PanoBird likes this post.