"Restarting" a tour.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Mediavoodoo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

"Restarting" a tour.

by Mediavoodoo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I've installed the "Find Objects Game" plugin and it works perfectly. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't work out a way to restart the tour, or reset the game, upon completion.

For those unfamiliar with the game plugin, there are x amount of hidden objects throughout the tour, find them all to win. Once you reach the total x amount, I'd like for the tour to reset. I've already programmed some "Display an image upon completion" functions. I've also installed an "Return to Home on Idle" plugin, if that might be of any use.

I'd have thought that the logical solution would just be to set a conditional logic function to 'restart the tour' but I can't seem to find that option.

I really hope I'm just missing an obvious solution, any help greatly appreciated.

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 163 posts
Info

Re: "Restarting" a tour.

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 am

I don't think that the game has this option, but you can easily re-start the tour by assigning the following command to a button via the "call krpano code"-action (adjust the filename if your startup HTML-file is not named "index.html"):
Code: Select all
openurl( "index.html", "_self");

Re-setting the game without leaving/restarting the tour is also possible, but that would require a modification of the plugin .
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

Mediavoodoo likes this post.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am

There is no reset action into the plugin.

You can do it manually like this into the XML skin file where PLUGINNAME is the name of the plugin into the skin.xml file (by default "countergame") :
<action name="resetPLUGINNAME">
   set(PLUGINNAMEnb, 0);
   set(PLUGINNAMEremovedelements, "");
   updatePLUGINNAME();
</action>

Then call it with: resetPLUGINNAME();
Benjamin

Mediavoodoo likes this post.

no avatar
Mediavoodoo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Mediavoodoo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

360-compunics-com-ni wrote:I don't think that the game has this option, but you can easily re-start the tour by assigning the following command to a button via the "call krpano code"-action (adjust the filename if your startup HTML-file is not named "index.html"):
openurl( "index.html", "_self");

Re-setting the game without leaving/restarting the tour is also possible, but that would require a modification of the plugin .

Hi there thanks for the reply. I've not been able to get into work to test out your advice until today, so apologies for the lack of response!

This is embarrassing but I can't actually see any "Call krpano code" action - do you know specifically where that is located? In the advanced options, I can call the java code, is that the same thing?

With regards to customising the plugin, what does that involve? It may be an option for us.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Mediavoodoo wrote:This is embarrassing but I can't actually see any "Call krpano code" action - do you know specifically where that is located? In the advanced options, I can call the java code, is that the same thing?

This action is a free extra action that you can download here :
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... rPano_Code
  1. download it
  2. open Panotour Pro
  3. click on the Edit/Open user directory
  4. copy the zip file there
  5. unzip it
  6. re-start Panotour Pro
Then the action will be available in the Advanced category of actions
Gérald

no avatar
Mediavoodoo