Javascript: Stop playing Soundspots  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
kruben

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Javascript: Stop playing Soundspots

by kruben » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

Hey,

I am developing a plugin for 3D Sound without flash. The plugin will use the data from the soundspots and create a virtual 3D room with the "resonance audio web SDK". This means I have a duplicate of all sounds (Panotour loads the sounds and my Plugin loads the sounds). My current solution is to mute all sounds as a start-parameter. That works fine, but now I also want to include a video in my tour. This, of course, should be played by panotour, but it is not playing an audio because I muted it and including the audio from the video in my plugin is currently not planned because I would have to take care of desyncs.

So my question: How can I stop all (and only) Soundspots (or specific ones to loop through)? There has to be an option. I am pretty sure, because the sound pauses when you change the browser-Tab.

Would be really nice if some developer can give me a little insight of how it works and/or give me a method name to call.

Greetings: kruben

virtualdiorama likes this post.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Javascript: Stop playing Soundspots

by Annis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Have a look at Alex Popov's custom action "Show/hide hotspots".
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... c_hotspots

You can hide hotspots by type of hotspot or by keyword, so you might be able to use that a base to disable sound hotspots maybe?

I'd be interested in seeing the final plugin. :)

no avatar
virtualdiorama

Info

by virtualdiorama » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am

Hey Kruben, interesting project you have there. Any updates on the 3 d sound that you would like to share with us?
Johannes Söderström
johannes.soderstrom@virtualdiorama.com
virtualdiorama.com

no avatar
kruben

Topic author
Info

by kruben » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Looks good so far. Still, some things to do. Currently, the tour has to start without audio volume and this will probably not change. The 3D Audio loads correctly in every panorama and I can toggle between stop and play with the standard control menu (at least with the classic version) I still need to test it on mobile and Safari and make the mp3-file links relative to the current url. Then I also need to control the video sound with the same volume toggle as for the 3D audio. Maybe I open a github repo in the coming days.