Enter fullscreen automatically ?   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
bernardcustard

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Enter fullscreen automatically ?

by bernardcustard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 am

Hi there,

I haven´t been using panotour software too often, but now it seems that it does not allow me to enter fullscreen mode directly when the tour begins. If i add it through a button, by an action, it would do it perfectly or with double click also, but if i introduce an advance Call Actions on Events ( I just reinstalled them in case there is something happening with the new version) it does not work. Is that normal?

I thought it was because maybe i was doing test locally, but i hanged the content on internet and it does not work. I tried the option React when the tour starts option on the Call actions events again (enter fullscreen mode) also (Switch to fullscreen mode) and other options and it´s not working. My version of panotour pro it´s 2.5.8 and my software or browsers are Safari 10.0.3 Firefox 56.0.1.

Any clue, because i also notice that the audio does not work on chrome mobile even if you add it through a hotspot and then activate the sound (mp3). It works on Ipad, Desktop but not on Android Chrome (mobile version). I don´t know if maybe this it's also happening with other things.

Many thanks,

Bernard

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Enter fullscreen automatically ?

by Destiny » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi.. As far as I know, its a security protocol that prevents auto full screen on opening a VR Tour.. or any other web page for that matter...

Destiny...

no avatar
bernardcustard

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by bernardcustard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Not in a normal mode i think that time ago it was possible. No? I know that directly in VR mode it was tricky but in a flat mode with a normal flat panorama.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 pm

I do not think it matter what media is in a browser, you cannot make it full screen on opening....

Destiny...

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Enter fullscreen automatically ?  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 am

As Destiny said, there are tons of browser security features in place to prevent exactly that from happening, you can not start a page in fullscreen.

Instead, you could look into creating a button that shows only at the beginning of your tour, above everything else prompting your user to enter fullscreen (with the double action of hiding this button once clicked on).
You could even make the button take the whole screen of the tour and be transparent if you want to be sneaky, so the first click on the tour would fullscreen it.

ungeherr

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by ungeherr » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 am

I just tried this plugin to fix the same issue and it worked great. http://dev.alexpopov.me/startscreen
Just make sure to make a button appear that the user has to click to remove the splashscreen. Tell this button to start tour sounds plus and enter full screen. Worked like a charm on my android phone

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 am

That works too. :)

bernardcustard likes this post.