Custom Toolbar for Mobile Devices  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
Jaap Roskam

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Custom Toolbar for Mobile Devices

by Jaap Roskam » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:26 am

When designing on a desktop we create nice toolbars that work fine on a desktop tour. Then on mobile device many functions and buttons are gone because they are not needed. But this destroys the nice desktop design of the control layout.
So my suggestion is to add a selector to every layer like toolbar / compass / picture which asks if that layer bar should be visible on Desktop AND / OR Mobile devices.
Recently I created a 'control center' consisting of 5 individual control bars. See image , only the blue button is visible when the controls are hidden. I would love to create a dedicated one for mobile only where I would leave most buttons away (more as automatically are hidden) plus I would hide the Compass for instance.
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 16.19.21.png

This should be a very simple coding upgrade since I can see that the basic codes [device] [htmls5] [desktop] are already implemented in the core.xml .

Regards:
Jaap
Mac book pro 17 2.6 i (2012) - 2x 1 Tb HD - 16Gb Ram
OS-X 10.11

Loyal user of :
Autopano Pro - Autopano Giga - Panotour Pro
Since medieval times :-)

samuelbrown2013 likes this post.

no avatar
NachoNick

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Re: Custom Toolbar for Mobile Devices

by NachoNick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:51 am

I second Jaap's idea. I too have always wanted the ability to turn on and turn off the toolbar buttons for mobile devices and get greater control over how the interface looks and works. One big bug bear for me is not being able to turn off the floor plan plugin on mobile phones but have it displayed only on iPads and desktop.

Since mobile phones have such different needs and design requirements Kolor really needs to look at letting us design and build tours with toolbars and buttons which are suited to the smaller screen sizes, as well as remain responsive in design as well.

What say you Kolor?

Nick.

Jaap Roskam likes this post.

no avatar
360panosi

Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Re: Custom Toolbar for Mobile Devices

by 360panosi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:19 pm

And for toolbar/controlbar it would be nice if they have some hide/show effect like krpano toolbars have it. (EasyIn, EasyOut)

:)

2 people like this post.