Panotour Pro for creating Object-VR?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
MisterGasman

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Pro for creating Object-VR?

by MisterGasman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am

Hi guys,

I am new to these pano creating softwares (i'm more of a technical artist) but searched a lot on the net to the software i need...

Some info on the application i have to create

Subject: it's about the history of a village, how it changes over time (construction).
So we have 9 different (periods) 360 animations around the village (for example one at 1000 AD, 1200 AD,...), 72 frames per animation, all 3D renders.
You start with the earliest period, You can scroll between the frames (rotate) when using the keys LEFT and RIGHT. You can change the period using the keys UP and DOWN.
Several hotspots are used to add more info (pictures, animations, sound,...). When an interesting building is visible from for example frame 25 to 50, there should be a hotspot on the exact location of that building (so every frame adjust the position as the building moves...on the other frames hide it cause it's on the background). So this would probably need software that has a system that loads row/colums array of images...

It should have some basic interface and maybe maps integrated to see the actual location of the village.

12 years ago this application was made in QTVR, quicktime (with old 3D renders). But this software is totally outdated.

I tested panotour pro, it looks great but does not have the object-vr option although maybe with a workaround it is possible? Krpano can create it but doesn't have much interactivity (and interface) to easily add hotspot stuff etc...

Can you guys help me out here?
My deadline is next week 13 Nov ;)

Thanks!
Last edited by MisterGasman on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gund

Info

by Gund » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:13 pm

From what I have understood you may need Object2VR from the same company that makes pano2VR (gardengnomesoftware). It allows you to combine images into rows and columns. Left-right arrows or horizontal mouse drag change the pictures of one column while the up-down arrows or vertical mouse drag change rows. You can also add hotspots there but in a different way than in PTP. The hotspots there are not visible - you move the mouse over a building for example and the text box with the necessary text appears. The hotspots are clickable and they trigger pictures to appear above (|I tried it only with pictures but you may probably add text video and flash as well). You have to understand that in such programs you add a hotspot to every picture you want to be it in.
Try downloading the trial version and see if it is what you need.
I'm not sure if Kolor makes such kind of software. If it does I would be eager to try.

no avatar
MisterGasman

Topic author
Info

by MisterGasman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Gund,
yes actually i tried object2VR already...it works but seems very limited for interfaces, adding video/audio ... custom hotspot (visible), google maps, 360 pano's...
All these software can do specific things but i need them all in one bundle
Seems like there aren't many choices for creating object vr's :(
Last edited by MisterGasman on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 pm

MisterGasman wrote:Hi Gund,
yes actually i tried object2VR already...it works but seems very limited for interfaces, adding video/audio ... custom hotspot (visible), google maps, 360 pano's...
All these software can do specific things but i need them all in one bundle

http://krpano.com/tools/droplets/#makeobject

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 pm

MisterGasman wrote:Can you guys help me out here?
My deadline is next week 13 Nov ;)

Thanks!

I suggest you resign the commission immediately. ;)
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm

MisterGasman wrote:All these software can do specific things but i need them all in one bundle

!) One-does-it-all solutions rarely do all things equally well. That´s why there are specialized applications around.
2) ObjectVR often is created by specialized software bundeled with specialized hardware.
For example Dr. Clauss Rodeon series and Seitz VR2.
http://www.dr-clauss.de/de/foto-studiotechnik-3/rodeon-objectmove
http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/internet/de/application/d438/d927/f1033.cfm

Don´t understimate the complexity of object-vr.

Forget your deadline on Nov. 13. and calculate instead a learning period of some months until being able to do object-vr commercially.
(and also calcuate about 2500-5000.-€ for aequivalent equipment).

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi.. Sorry to advise you that there is no way you can achieve what you want within this date… Object interactive media/3D-media is not a quick process.

krpano would be the easiest to use.. but.. lots of work capturing the media..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/FaceBook3D1/3D-VR.html

I have experimented with most of them.. From Flash with dynamic AS3 coding ….

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/3DInteractiveProducts/3DClown/3DClown.html

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/3DInteractiveProducts/3DOwl/3DOwl.html

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/360Goldlecklace/AntiqueGoldNecklace.html

…. to Object2VR which has the HTML5 options.. I have a demo of that somewhere…

….to interactive 3D PDFs and HTML5 coding and webGL coding..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/NEW-3DinteractiveICT-DPS/Crankshaft.pdf

.. and then there is the presentation of the media.. Not an easy task..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/FaceBookAC/AntiqueCentre.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/krpano3D/tour.html

You have 6 days.. !! :rolleyes:

Destiny…

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 am

i've only seen one working example of working object VRs embedded directly in a panorama

http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

this was created by toni garbasso w pano2vr & object2vr, i tried to do something like this once in krpano but there were issues controlling an object embedded directly in a pano, and at that time i could not get it to work the way i wanted, which toni has done here

but something similar could be done w panotour pro + additional krpano coding, as in destiny's examples above

if you really have 6 days to get this all done and no experience whatsoever with the applications needed to create something like this, best to contact an experienced virtual tour author ASAP

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Sam... well, that was painfully slow to load.. Its just a bunch of panos on alpha channels.., but still interesting, thanks for sharing..

To put a krpano or an object2VR into a pano that load quickly, is possible but here the << >> arrows need to be made smaller.. I will fix that up or take them off..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/360stuff/360Stuff.html

Destiny..

PS.. Fixed the arrows, its now smaller.. Also, if you slide your mouse off over onto the pano, the 360 object will continue to rotate.. ;)

no avatar
MisterGasman

Topic author
Info

by MisterGasman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Guys thanks for the feedback/suggestions etc, i'll check this out later today and reply :)

First of all, i'm at the moment not interested in creating object-VR in real life (photographing objects).
Like i said i already have all my 3D rederings from a high poly village scene (created with E-on Vue software).
I just need the software...

Secondly i probably wans't clear about what i need at my deadline:
i explained the final app but for next week i only have to show a working tech demo,
with 4 different time periods to navigate in (final will have 9 or more).
and some hotspot's that shows interactivity.
But that is still enough :p

grz

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:42 am

desiny, i was actually trying to embed an object swf w alpha channel as a distorted hotspot so that it would appear in a consistent position and proper perspective within the pano environment and still allow direct manipulation of the vr object (not via buttons), but i could not get maskchildren to cooperate or somesuch if i recall correctly, sorta worked but not the way i wanted, it was mostly for fun and i got bored and moved on to something else

grz, your best path forward is to determine if you want to learn and build your project with panotour pro + krpano or pano2vr, both options have great support communities and free demo versions, i personally lean towards krpano myself, but try them and see what works best for you

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Sam.. Your multi link with alpha pano on layers got me thinking.. So I tried it out using ptp.. It did not work.. I discovered that there was no alpha on the holes in cube faces I cut out, despite the fact that I imported a tif with an alpha channel.. I exported cube faces opting NOT to "Remove alpha channel"... I tried using a png and a tif, both failed to export the alpha channel.. This explains a few issues I have had in the past with my testing..

The point here being, it appears that ptp does not export or support the alpha channel in a pano.. I think krpano will since some other things I tried to do did work.. Perhaps this is a bug since ptp has an option to "Remove alpha channel", which suggest it does support the alpha channel... but it doesn't seem to work..

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 pm

... Well the psd export doesn't support the alpha channel using ptp either.. Nor does krpano which surprised me, but Pano2VR does support the alpha channel... and I am guessing that is this feature which made it doable to get the Object2VR into the pano... I guess its not a real issue unless you have a real need for it. But at least I now know and understand why what I was attempting to do did not work.. I was actually attempting to create being inside of a camera looking out through the lens into a second outside world pano... I also tried looking out of windows into a second scenic pano.. I also tried to do it looking out of the windows of a spaceship for our Planetarium project with 3D planets and asteroid object etc..

Perhaps ptp V2 will support the alpha channel.. I am not going to put it in as a future request since it would have limited use for many and it might be a lot of work in programming to get it to be a feature option...

Destiny..