automatic play / run / display??  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
gfkphoto

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

automatic play / run / display??

by gfkphoto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 pm

running on a word press site with panopress... using the panobox to display almost full screen view (limits of browser window).... after clicking play...

is there a way to have the slideshow open/run to the full limits of the browser window when the page opens just as it does when running it locally?? when i run it local it auto fits to max size of display and runs/opens with out a click... can it be done??

thanks in advance...

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 pm

if you are using panopress & embed your panorama without a preview image, it will load when the page opens without clicking

pano without preview

[pano file="path/my-pano.html"]

pano with preview image

[pano file="path/my-pano.html" preview="path/my-pano.jpg"]

note that there are some display issues with panopress 1.0b1 & internet explorer 8/9 where some panos may fail to load, so please test in another browser to make sure IE is not causing your problems, this has been fixed in the upcoming version of panopress which should be out in the next week :)

as far as setting up wordpress & panopress to display panos at 100% browser window, that would need to be coded into your wordpress theme

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

gfkphoto

Topic author
Info

by gfkphoto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 pm

oh, great...... so it auto play's in the small mode, but won't in the full screen mode....

is there anything that can be added to the short code to open at xyz percentage???

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 pm

as i said, pano display at 100% height & width in wordpress would be a question of customizing your wordpress theme template files

panopress does not currently accept height & width as %, only pixels, we are working to add % in an upcoming version but even if it did work now you would still need a custom wp template for it to be able to fill the entire page

sounds like you just want to open the page outside of wordpress in a new window from a normal link anyway, panopress is for embedding panos inside a wordpress page, for just opening new page from a link use the wordpress post editor link button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqzbmQuZck

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org