Embedding tours  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
treygaf

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Embedding tours

by treygaf » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello. As I have mentioned earlier, I have switched from a previous tour building software to Pantour Pro. Previously I would grab the embed code and change the size and embed in my website. How do I do this with Panotour Pro? I am a newbie at code so please be kind. Here is a link to my website: www.revolutionimages.net I want my visitors to be able to view samples without leaving the site. Thanks for your time and help.

Trey

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm

if you have a wordpress site, you can use panopress:
http://www.panopress.org/

if you use panotour pro: us the fullpage template and generate your tour. upload the directory with all files and subdirectories to your website and so you've access to your .html page which you can link to from inside your site.

PS: I would never use the embedding (the embedd all feature inside panotour), because of loss of speed and anoying waiting for your websiteviewers...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 pm

thank you for your help last night georg... i'm grateful, up and sort of running... struggling and clueless

running ptp 1.8, set to full page, NO imbedding for build, and panopress 1.0.b1, on wp-creativix (for now)

when setting panopress to the path, see attached, show path not found, on testing get the spinning wheel of death. attached is also a scrn shot of the c-panel showing all files and data present.... what am i missing??? i'm sure it is something stupid that i am over looking...

to save a post, i will also be looking to learn how to set up for max screen size on open, one of the bene's of ptp is screen size max fit, and my goal to to have that when the page is opened.....

guess there is no "guide for embedding flash/html for dummies" huh? i the panopress instructions open.... like i said, dummies....

thanks for tolerating the non-web savvy....

treygaf

Topic author
Info

by treygaf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks for your response Georg. I'm not using Wordpress, I built my site using Adobe Muse. After I build my tour in Panotour Pro, where would I find the line of code that allows me to set the size of the tour? This is what I have:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title>Revolution Images HD Tours</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"/>
<style type="text/css">
@media only screen and (min-device-width: 800px) { html { overflow:hidden; } }
* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
html { height: 100%; }
body { height: 100%; overflow:hidden; }
#container { height: 100%; min-height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<script src="swfobject/swfkrpano.js"></script>
<div id="container">
<div id="panoDIV" style="height:100%;">
<script>
embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"virtualtour.swf"});
</script>
<noscript>
<div id="tour">
<object width="100%" height="100%">
<embed src="virtualtour.swf" width="100%" height="100%" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>
</object>
</div>
</noscript>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:08 pm

gfkphoto wrote:thank you for your help last night georg... i'm grateful, up and sort of running... struggling and clueless

running ptp 1.8, set to full page, NO imbedding for build, and panopress 1.0.b1, on wp-creativix (for now)

when setting panopress to the path, see attached, show path not found, on testing get the spinning wheel of death. attached is also a scrn shot of the c-panel showing all files and data present.... what am i missing??? i'm sure it is something stupid that i am over looking...

to save a post, i will also be looking to learn how to set up for max screen size on open, one of the bene's of ptp is screen size max fit, and my goal to to have that when the page is opened.....

guess there is no "guide for embedding flash/html for dummies" huh? i the panopress instructions open.... like i said, dummies....

thanks for tolerating the non-web savvy....

as shown in your screenshot ... it says "folder does not exist"
I do it like that:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/p104971-2012-09-12-17-49-40#p104971
Georg

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm

treygaf wrote:Thanks for your response Georg. I'm not using Wordpress, I built my site using Adobe Muse. After I build my tour in Panotour Pro, where would I find the line of code that allows me to set the size of the tour? This is what I have:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title>Revolution Images HD Tours</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"/>
<style type="text/css">
@media only screen and (min-device-width: 800px) { html { overflow:hidden; } }
* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
html { height: 100%; }
body { height: 100%; overflow:hidden; }
#container { height: 100%; min-height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<script src="swfobject/swfkrpano.js"></script>
<div id="container">
<div id="panoDIV" style="height:100%;">
<script>
embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"virtualtour.swf"});
</script>
<noscript>
<div id="tour">
<object width="100%" height="100%">
<embed src="virtualtour.swf" width="100%" height="100%" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>
</object>
</div>
</noscript>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

no real help other than try&error all % values and all px values
Georg

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 pm

tired for hours today, with and without downloads checks.... no results but failure....

first, even after 3 install remove cycles, pp is not working when clicked on a page, it creates no short code and opens a very very small window. i have also tried 5-6 different 'responsive' themes... all to no avail....

so i copy the format of the short code, several versions as listed on the panopress forums and instructions.... this is the result....

file locations wp/wp-content/samples-slideshows/build (i'm using ptp to create, no embedding and full screen html)

short code [pano file="slideshow-samples/build/third-test.html"]

result......

Not Found (404)

The requested URL /wp/wp/wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/third-test.html?base=http://virtualtourography.com/wp/wp/wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/& was not found on this server.
virtualtourography.com

i know iso, shutter speed and composition.... amazing how software companies and plug in writers make this all sound to easy.... i have a huge amount of respect for those that have the skill set.... as i don't...

thanks all.... shoot sharp

no avatar
johng

Info

by johng » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm

I have tried also with Adobe Muse - no luck embedding tours...

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm

johng wrote:I have tried also with Adobe Muse - no luck embedding tours...

oh, its being done.... plenty of samples out there.... some real mind blowing stuff....

just blows me away at the lack of detailed documentation....

no avatar
johng

Info

by johng » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:07 am

Really, Do you have a link? maybe we can try and "Reverse Engineer" something...

treygaf

Topic author
Info

by treygaf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am

This solved my problem. What I found is called an iframe. It is HTML that calls a source and it allows you to assign attributes to it, most importantly for me the size.

And it was no more difficult than punching in my specs at: http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/iframe_generator.html

This is the code that was generated: <iframe src="http://revolutionimages.net/AlabamaTheaterTest/index.html" style="border:0px #FFFFFF none;" name="pano" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" height="700px" width="1400px"></iframe>

I then copied the code and inserted it in Adobe Muse via the insert HTML under the object menu. It worked! I hope this helps some of you.

Trey

Sam Rohn

Info

by Sam Rohn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 am

gfkphoto wrote:tired for hours today, with and without downloads checks.... no results but failure....

first, even after 3 install remove cycles, pp is not working when clicked on a page, it creates no short code and opens a very very small window. i have also tried 5-6 different 'responsive' themes... all to no avail....

so i copy the format of the short code, several versions as listed on the panopress forums and instructions.... this is the result....

file locations wp/wp-content/samples-slideshows/build (i'm using ptp to create, no embedding and full screen html)

result......

Not Found (404)

The requested URL /wp/wp/wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/third-test.html?base=http://virtualtourography.com/wp/wp/wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/& was not found on this server.
virtualtourography.com

howdy -

the file is not being found because your upload folder path is set improperly in panopress settings, the upload folder path should be the root of where all your panos are stored, and assuming that you store your panos in "wp-content/uploads", it should have been left at the default setting of "wp-content/uploads", not "wp/wp-content/samples-slideshows/build", note that in your screenshot panopress also reports this folder does not exist ;)

then you should be able to use the shortcode as you have already done, assuming the file exists at "wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/third-test.html", and the root of your wordpress installation is "http://virtualtourography.com/wp/wp/"

if you wanted to use a different folder to upload your panos, for example if you store your panos in "wp-content/uploads/panos", you would set your upload folder in panopress settings as "wp-content/uploads/panos", you would then upload your panos like "wp-content/uploads/panos/my-pano/my-pano.html", and the absolute url (direct link to the pano) would be "http://www.domain.com/wp-content/uploads/panos/my-pano/my-pano.html"

you can also always use an absolute url in file and preview, just find the direct link to your file and embed like this -

[pano file="http://DOMAIN.COM/PATH/my-pano/my-pano.html"]

otherwise, if the panopress [PP] button in the wordpress visual editor is not displaying the shortcode popup box properly, it is a conflict with either another wordpress plugin or your wordpress theme, try disabling other plugins and check with the default wordpress theme

sam
Last edited by Sam Rohn on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

no avatar
johng

Info

by johng » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Trey, I will give it a go...

treygaf wrote:This solved my problem. What I found is called an iframe. It is HTML that calls a source and it allows you to assign attributes to it, most importantly for me the size.

And it was no more difficult than punching in my specs at: http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/iframe_generator.html

This is the code that was generated: <iframe src="http://revolutionimages.net/AlabamaTheaterTest/index.html" style="border:0px #FFFFFF none;" name="pano" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" height="700px" width="1400px"></iframe>

I then copied the code and inserted it in Adobe Muse via the insert HTML under the object menu. It worked! I hope this helps some of you.

Trey

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm

howdy -

the file is not being found because your upload folder path is set improperly in panopress settings, the upload folder path should be the root of where all your panos are stored, and assuming that you store your panos in "wp-content/uploads", it should have been left at the default setting of "wp-content/uploads", not "wp/wp-content/samples-slideshows/build", note that in your screenshot panopress also reports this folder does not exist ;)

then you should be able to use the shortcode as you have already done, assuming the file exists at "wp-content/uploads/slideshow-samples/build/third-test.html", and the root of your wordpress installation is "http://virtualtourography.com/wp/wp/"

if you wanted to use a different folder to upload your panos, for example if you store your panos in "wp-content/uploads/panos", you would set your upload folder in panopress settings as "wp-content/uploads/panos", you would then upload your panos like "wp-content/uploads/panos/my-pano/my-pano.html", and the absolute url (direct link to the pano) would be "http://www.domain.com/wp-content/uploads/panos/my-pano/my-pano.html"

hey sam...

was hoping you would chime in, thank you....

i activated the default theme, as you suggested, panopress is the only plug in loaded...

based on the information you gave, i deleted all the uploaded files, the page itself, and re generated the slideshow in ptp.... and as before, the same errors occurred....

so this time i removed word press completely and re-installed, removed the two pluging stock with wp, and installed panopress...

1. pano press settings see screen shot 1, as you described above
2. loaded the new files in the location you suggested, see screen shot 2 of the file manager
3. used the short code you suggested, screen shot 3
4. and the same result error 404 file not found.

i tried the other option you suggested on the short code, and this time it worked.....
[pano file="http://virtualtourography.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/samples/build/test4.html"]

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

as everyone can tell, im clueless with coding..... if there is anyone that could provide a quick reference for a mental pygmy to be able to have this tour open by it self, full screen.... as in just as i viewed it on my browser when i view it locally..... open the page and it loads to max, no play button, it just runs....

i would like the height and width to be 100% and sense the size of the screen as the local running does (i have tested on laptop screen 15 wide, my 22in wide, and a small 17 standard... and i know this will be a can of worms, but part of the reason i went with and purchased ptp is the pc/mac friendly issue.... though i would not know my html5 from my xml if they bit me in the butt....

thank you all in advance for tolerating those of us like myself, that are not web wizards.... but are silly enough to buy into the sales pitch and how easy this is all made to sound when reading about the software and plugin websites....

shoot sharp,
glenn

(heads for a beer...)

gfkphoto

Info

by gfkphoto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

johng wrote:Really, Do you have a link? maybe we can try and "Reverse Engineer" something...

not from muse, not that i would know.... but since it appears the only source of real information/documentation is in the forums, just sites i have stumbled over reading trying to figure this out..... and we too will have them, once we get our phd's in astro physics and web design and engineering... we too will have them.... if we don't stoke out first....