latest release  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

latest release

by klausesser » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi!

To be honest: we are going to keep using beta7 - it´s still not acceptable to re-design all templates, buttons and so on.
Why didn´t you keep at least the basic items in the way it was? Do you know what it means to a commercial user to re-design ALL tours that were made until today just because some software developer wanted to be "stylish"? That´s absolutely nuts!!
When i make a tour today it has to fit into a range of existing tours. So would you PLEASE bring back the pulsing links and leave away the ugly, clumsy and extreme unelegant buttons with it´s Woolworth-like appearance . . . or at least let us choose what we want without having to do developer´s work.

Ii tried to use the pulsing Flash hotspots in PTP - no way . . maybe the way to do is clandestine enough not to reveal to me.
Documentation.

The application is absolutely unusable for us - at least untill a documentation explains how to adapt the "classic" appearance of the tours.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

[bo]

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by [bo] » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I probably am getting this wrong, but aren't change and compatibility problems IMPLIED when using beta software (beta as in "not final, not stable, pre-prelease")?
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Yes, once, we are in stable state, such revamp will not occur anymore.

Anyway. With the beta 2, Renan released a zip file to show that directly ( the right link is the following : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro )
You just need to extract it in the right user folder ( see my comment on ressources managment in autopano changelog : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10327-autopano-engine-v2.5-beta-2-changelog ) and it should works directly.
You get the old style back.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:Anyway. With the beta 2, Renan released a zip file to show that directly ( the right link is the following : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro )
You just need to extract it in the right user folder ( see my comment on ressources managment in autopano changelog : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10327-autopano-engine-v2.5-beta-2-changelog ) and it should works directly.
You get the old style back.

Well, you get the old style APT navigation icons/buttons but you don't get the APT default SWF animated graphic for point hotspots.

I've had a look at the new theme system and it's clear that it would be possible to emulate that APT animated hotspot graphic by creating a set/sequence of PNG images. It seems you can only have PNG images (either single or a sequence) as in-built hotspot graphics in a theme. I tried defining a new hotspot graphic - in the APT-style theme - using a Flash SWF file but that doesn't work, the name appears in the drop down but the program doesn't use the file.

Of course you could choose 'other' and select a Flash SWF but that selection process is broken at present (a confimed bug):
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10321-panotour-pro-1.5-beta-1-winxp32-point-map-hotspot-display-object-bug
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm

klausesser wrote:Ii tried to use the pulsing Flash hotspots in PTP - no way . . maybe the way to do is clandestine enough not to reveal to me.

best, Klaus

If you can make available the pulsing Flash hotspot files that you wish to use I'll try and figure out a simple way for you to use them alongside the APT-style theme for Panotour Pro.

Better still if you can deconstruct those animated SWF hotspots to a series/sequenece of PNG files then I can add this capability to Renan's APT-style theme for you.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:55 pm

'[bo wrote:']I probably am getting this wrong, but aren't change and compatibility problems IMPLIED when using beta software (beta as in "not final, not stable, pre-prelease")?

Do you know any other usable APT-versions exept betas? :P:cool:

best, Klaus

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:56 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:You get the old style back.

I praise you, Alexandre! ;):cool:

best, Klaus

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:22 pm

mediavets wrote:If you can make available the pulsing Flash hotspot files that you wish to use I'll try and figure out a simple way for you to use them alongside the APT-style theme for Panotour Pro.

Hi Andrew!

I tried this already and it didn´t work. I tried to use the spots which are included in APT up to Beta 7.

mediavets wrote:Better still if you can deconstruct those animated SWF hotspots to a series/sequenece of PNG files then I can add this capability to Renan's APT-style theme for you.

I´m used to make PNG and also GIF sequences - that´s not the problem. But i do´t wish to spend time to "proceed" to a point of usability i had before . . .

It´s ok to change the use and also the appearance of a software - but it´s highly unprofessional to ignore such basic items which users are using for years now . . . and to expect that all of the users are willing and have the time to re-work every tour they made before or just ignore continuity. That´s ok in the hobby-range, but absolutely inacceptable for commercial work.

Clients accept changes in their look when THEY decide to do a change - and not when the software of their visual producers dictates it!

And we - the producers - have better things to do than to sit down for days to create a look we already had before.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:If you can make available the pulsing Flash hotspot files that you wish to use I'll try and figure out a simple way for you to use them alongside the APT-style theme for Panotour Pro.

Hi Andrew!

I tried this already and it didn´t work. I tried to use the spots which are included in APT up to Beta 7.

It worked for me in Beta 2 on WinXP/32.

Choose 'other' then your hotspot SWF. It won't appear in the selection box due to the current bug - http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10321-panotour-pro-1.5-beta-1-winxp32-point-map-hotspot-display-object-bug - but it will be applied in the output.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:Better still if you can deconstruct those animated SWF hotspots to a series/sequence of PNG files then I can add this capability to Renan's APT-style theme for you.

I´m used to make PNG and also GIF sequences - that´s not the problem. But i do´t wish to spend time to "proceed" to a point of usability i had before . . .

Send me the PNG image sequences that would create your desired hotspot types and I'll try and make a variant of the APT-style theme that includes them.

How's that?...What da ya say?...
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 pm

mediavets wrote:Send me the PNG image sequences that would create your desired hotspot types and I'll try and make a variant of the APT-style theme that includes them.

I heartly appreciate that, Andrew! But the point is i´ll have to design them first. Having done that you´d have to build a Flash-animation from it - see the pulsing spots - they´re Flash-animations - or to generate a sequence otherwise resp. to design again the same buttons i use actually . . and which i can´t use in the present relase (at least i don´t know how).

I know how to do it basically - but the problem is not to design and generate it - the problem is to take away already existing features without having a suitable substitution!

best to you, Klaus

P.S.: i guess i´ll have to evaluate the new template-structure. But that costs time - which i´m a bit short of actually.
But no question: i´ll have to do it.
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:Send me the PNG image sequences that would create your desired hotspot types and I'll try and make a variant of the APT-style theme that includes them.

I heartly appreciate that, Andrew! But the point is i´ll have to design them first. Having done that you´d have to build a Flash-animation from it - see the pulsing spots - they´re Flash-animations - or to generate a sequence otherwise resp. to design again the same buttons i use actually . . and which i can´t use in the present relase (at least i don´t know how).

I know how to do it basically - but the problem is not to design and generate it - the problem is to take away already existing features without having a suitable substitution!

best to you, Klaus

The APT-style theme for Panotour recreates the original APT navigation buttons:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro

Then you can select your existing hotspot Flash animations for use as point hotspot Display/Objects.

So it's not difficult to re-create the same look-n-feel in VTs produced with Panotour pro.

P.S.: i guess i´ll have to evaluate the new template-structure. But that costs time - which i´m a bit short of actually.
But no question: i´ll have to do it.

Yes, I'm just exploring it myself. It's quite clever.

The way the animated buttons are done in the current Panotour themes is by animating an image strip (see second image)which is created, on-the-fly when exporting a tour, from a sequence of images of button 'states' contained in a theme (see first image/screenshot).

So 'all' you'd need to do is create the sequence of button 'states' and then add a new button type to the APT-style theme.

Here's the XML that defines the info sequence animated hotspot button in the 2D theme:

Code: Select all
<hotspottype nbfile="10" file="hotspots/info_%d.png" refreshPeriod="0.1">
<translation>
<caption lang="fr" text="info (séquence)"/>
<caption lang="en" text="info (sequence)"/>
</translation>
</hotspottype>

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 am

Hey Andrew!

Thanks for your explanations - i see it´s worth to deal with these options.

best to you, Klaus