How to incorporate custom XML?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Topic author
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

How to incorporate custom XML?

by mediavets » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:35 pm

How can I incorporate some custom XML in a tour without hand editing the output XML files every time, and be able to edit existing tours incorporating custom XML without the revised output files losing the custom XML?

The custom XML may well be tour specific - in other words not the same for each original tour.

I'm thinking that perhaps the ability to select a file containing the custom XML code in the Project Properties/Export dialogue may be a way to implement such a feature?
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer
 
Posts: 963
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Info

by vincen » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Well if you use Panotour Pro, you can create your own themes that include some specific XML codes that will be then included automatically in each tour you build using that theme ;)

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Topic author
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm

vincen wrote:Well if you use Panotour Pro, you can create your own themes that include some specific XML codes that will be then included automatically in each tour you build using that theme ;)

Vincèn

I've haven't yet investigated the creation or customisation of themes but it sounds like that would work for 'universal' customisation - but it would seem, to me, perhaps to be unnecessarily 'clumsy' if you just wantde some custom code to apply to a single tour. I'm not sure I'd want to create or edit a theme just to add some custom code to a single instance of a tour.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer
 
Posts: 963
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Info

by vincen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 am

mediavets wrote:but it would seem, to me, perhaps to be unnecessarily 'clumsy' if you just wantde some custom code to apply to a single tour. I'm not sure I'd want to create or edit a theme just to add some custom code to a single instance of a tour.

Well if it's just for one tour, easier in my mind to just edit the XML generated by Panotour ::cool:
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Topic author
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 am

vincen wrote:
mediavets wrote:but it would seem, to me, perhaps to be unnecessarily 'clumsy' if you just wantde some custom code to apply to a single tour. I'm not sure I'd want to create or edit a theme just to add some custom code to a single instance of a tour.

Well if it's just for one tour, easier in my mind to just edit the XML generated by Panotour ::cool:

Not if I want to re-export successively/iteratively during development of the tour (which tends to be how I work) because each time I export the tour my customised XML will be overwritten with a new version of the XML which lacks my custom additions.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer
 
Posts: 963
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Info

by vincen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:44 am

mediavets wrote:Not if I want to re-export successively/iteratively during development of the tour (which tends to be how I work) because each time I export the tour my customised XML will be overwritten with a new version of the XML which lacks my custom additions.

Good point :/
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
digipano
Member
 
Posts: 582
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 am
Info

by digipano » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 am

AS of now this is a big hurdle in customizing the tour, the solution could be to use a specified template (before exporting) as default only then it will work.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests