License Policy  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

License Policy

by marco.lanciani » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:18 am

Please, can someone explain?

After upgrading to PTP can I still use krpano as a stand alone tool?

Can I download new versions of krpano and update PTP with it?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:35 am

Hum I don't see why you would not be allowed anymore to use your KRPano licence separately of PTP !
For update of PTPT with new versions of KRPano, I don't think you can ! as it's integrated in PTP ! and each PTP version is developped to work with a specific version of KRPano !

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

Rami
Kolor Team

Info

by Rami » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:39 am

The license of KrPano is included in the SWF file generated by Panotour Pro. So if you export the XML file you can add all KrPano features in the XML.
Rami

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:22 am

Rami wrote:The license of KrPano is included in the SWF file generated by Panotour Pro. So if you export the XML file you can add all KrPano features in the XML.

Yes, but that's not the same thing as being able to use krpano tools is it?

It's all very well to incorporate a krpano licence within Panotour SWF output but previously those with APT + krpano licence - considered equivalent (by Kolor) to Panotour Pro - had that separate krpano licence. With Panotour Pro it seems there are no plans for Kolor to provide (also as part of the Panotour Pro product) a licence for krpano tools?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 am

Rami wrote:The license of KrPano is included in the SWF file generated by Panotour Pro. So if you export the XML file you can add all KrPano features in the XML.

Ok, but I'd like to know before upgrading, please:

1. After upgrading to PTP can I still use krpano as a stand alone tool?

2. Can I download new versions of krpano and update PTP with it?

If not:

3. Will Kolor issue regularly the last krpanotools versions, as they are available, on PTP updates for free and forever, as it is in the krpanotools license?
(I'm not speaking about updates about PTP, just updates of the krpanotools)

Obviously, being able to still use krpano as a stand alone tool, after upgrading to PTP, would be enough.
Thnaks,

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:1. After upgrading to PTP can I still use krpano as a stand alone tool?

If you mean to be able to modify XML files after PTP, yep so long you don't integrate all (options to select in PTP !). If you want to still be able to use krpanotools and krpano separately, if u have already a licence of krpano, you can continue to use it !

marco.lanciani wrote:2. Can I download new versions of krpano and update PTP with it?

As told previously, no as krpano is integrated in PTP and can't be modified by yourself ! You'll need to wait for updates of PTP when new versions of KRPano are released !

marco.lanciani wrote:3. Will Kolor issue regularly the last krpanotools versions, as they are available, on PTP updates for free and forever, as it is in the krpanotools license?

Very good question !

marco.lanciani wrote:Obviously, being able to still use krpano as a stand alone tool, after upgrading to PTP, would be enough.

For existing users that already have a licence of krpano that's ok, but new users that directly buy PTP without KRPano, not sure you'll be able to use krpanotools separately :(

Vince
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Vince,

thanks a lot!
I alredy own a krpano and APT license and am happy to know that I can keep on using it with the krpanotools. :)

So far, only one question is still unanswered:

- Will Kolor issue regularly the last krpanotools versions, as they are available, on PTP updates for free and forever, as it is in the krpanotools license?

Please, anyone who knows, tell us!

Regards,

no avatar
JohnM

Info

by JohnM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:19 pm

You may use your krpano.swf and license in the PanoTour output ( place it manually ) so you're not dependent on what Kolor does, to change your krpano version.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm

JohnM wrote:You may use your krpano.swf and license in the PanoTour output ( place it manually ) so you're not dependent on what Kolor does, to change your krpano version.

Hum won't work most of time if plugins are not updated also in same time, so you need to replace krpano.swf with one you want and also all plugins used or you'll break compatibility !

Vincèn

no avatar
JohnM

Info

by JohnM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes, plugins must usually be replaced too, as you correctly points out.