New features in the Forum!  

Official news, releases information, status updates.
Annonces officielles, nouvelles versions, avancement.
Annis
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 444 posts
Info

New features in the Forum!

by Annis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello,

We've finished implementing a few improvements to the forum, that hopefully you will like.

A list of the new features:
  • - Extra profile fields - Required fields when new accounts are created, filling in these fields will keep all sorts of useful information about you on hand, without us having to ask you for it. This information includes your computer operating system and specs, the software you own, etc...
  • - Multiple File Upload - When you are uploading files, you can now select several in the file explorer to upload several in one go. As a reminder, the maximum number of attachments per post is 6.
  • - 360° videos in posts - A Kolor Eyes tag to share and view 360° videos hosted on Kolor Eyes directly in your forum posts.
  • - Post Likes - Like a post but don't have enough to say to actually post? Now you can like the post instead. :)
  • - Minor changes to a user's profile to separate the different parts into tabs.
  • - Minor edits to the colours in the Dark theme.

I would also like to thank you for your patience while we were implementing these new features, as some problems had shown up during the integration, but they are thankfully fixed now.

If you have any comments, suggestions for the forum, feel free to share them here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24309
This includes any ideas for the custom profile fields, I am open to suggestions.

--

A small FAQ for the new features:

# Where can I see these new profile fields? Where can I fill them out?
You can find this information by clicking on "Info" in the user field next to your (or my) post, or by visiting your profile. You can fill out these fields in your User Control Panel.

# I have an idea for an extra profile field you could add, where can I tell you?
You can post your suggestions here.

# How can I upload several attachments at once?
Start a post and under the text area click on "Upload attachment". Click on browse and select several files to upload by pressing the "Shift" or "Ctrl" keys on your keyboard.

# How do I add a 360° video to my post?
To add a video, create a post with the new [koloreyes] tags and include a video ID between those tags.
koloreyestags.png
koloreyestags.png (7.78 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

# Why can I do add a 360° video to my post?
We've added this viewing possibility to encourage people to post in the video gallery.

# How do I like a post?
Click on the nifty blue "Like" button at the bottom of the post you want to like.

Cliquetsy likes this post.