Detection does not find all panos in a folder?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jasontoth

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Detection does not find all panos in a folder?

by jasontoth » Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello, just getting used to Autopano.

I have a folder with 177 images in it and there are 7 sets of panos taken w/ 1 photo between each pano looking at the ground.

When I go into Autopano and select the folder I see all the images BUT when I detect the pano, it only show 1x group but looks like everything is overplayed (like all 7 pano sets are in 1x pano)?

What settings would I change to have Autopano realize that the 177 images are multiple panos?

Thanks, Jason
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 2.03.05 PM.jpg

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

Re: Detection does not find all panos in a folder?

by Panoram1x » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:46 am

You can try this...
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... wse_folder
And set properly "Group creation criteria"
Experimentation is the funniest way to learn, to ask the fastest
jordi.panoram1x[at]gmail[dot]com

no avatar
jasontoth

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jasontoth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Sure, I’m still new at Kolor.

So what ever its called when you click the folder icon to import the images.

It only will detect 1 pano out of a folder of 170 images which has 7 sets of panos taken.

So the question is what setting are there to change so autopano can understand there are more panos and auto separate them during import.

Right now I’m having to manually sort the panos into separate folders. I have 3000 images w/ dozens of panos and its really annoying since so far the only way I can have autopano some what separate the panos is to change the time setting or estimated images per pano. Which I’m constantly having to change since some of the 3000 images have 20image pano which others are 200 image panos but this way of doing it still is not perfect since all the panos are of the same area but different elevation so it’s not separating properly.

Anyway any insight would be great since I can’t find anything in the documentation or on the forms so far thank you, Jason

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 134 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello,

If you have many different panos with a lot of similar pictures for each project, or a lack of details/homogeneous surface, Autopano can fail detecting the right amount of panos, that's a fact.
So, you must enter some parameters to sort them a little bit or create a folder for each pano.

Kind regards,
Olivier