'Pro to stitch iPhone images captured from microscope  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mlougee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

'Pro to stitch iPhone images captured from microscope

by mlougee » Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm new to A'Pro, and have a (perhaps) unusual use case:

I have an adapter/mount which connects an iphone with a microscope (see LabCam, from iduoptics, it's quite a good device, makes great pictures. Well, I'd like to have the microscope's lens at a relatively high magnification, say 20x, which allows only a small "patch" of the specimen on the glass slide to be captured by each image. But if I capture an image, move the slide horizontally by a small amount, capture another image, etc, capturing an entire "row" of images, and then move the glass slide one "row" down, then repeat the process, I can capture the entire specimen by capturing a matrix of 20x10 images perhaps. THEN I'd like to use A'Pro to stitch these 200 images together, to make one big image.

I've tried a simple 2x2 stitch from the iphone, NOT on a microscope, and it works moderately well.

Do people here have tips/techniques/cautions/etc about this use case? Do you think it's likely that A'Pro will do a good job with this task, since for many glass slides on the microscope there are few *big* landmarks to make the stitching easier?

I will try this in the next few days and report back, but am curious whether anyone else has done this successfully.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Mike

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

Re: 'Pro to stitch iPhone images captured from microscope

by Panoram1x » Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am

You can try this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31164#p181055

It seems that this has worked in other comparable cases in which there is a relative displacement between the camera and the photographed object (the camera does not rotate)

See:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34570
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32642

no avatar
mlougee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by mlougee » Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Folks--Thanks for the quick pointers, I will try things and report back.

Just FYI, I think that microscopes, telescopes, scanners, etc, all of which keep the camera lens in parallel with the subject, and which move the camera (or the subject) to capture multiple, overlapping "views" of the subject may be an interesting marketplace for stitching software, thus perhaps a specialized version of the software (or at least specific "how to" instructions from the development team) could be useful, and something of value.

no avatar
Nanard

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Nanard » Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 am

Something like that :
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... or_artwork

example 2 shooting from multiple viewpoints ?