HDR Panorama and ghosting directions/resources  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
KJB

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

HDR Panorama and ghosting directions/resources

by KJB » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:11 pm

G'day all,

I am hoping someone can assist me here. I am relatively new to APG4 and am having some difficulty to get the best from the images and I am looking for some direction on some resources to help, or some instructions. I have read about LDR/LDR panoramas, and anti-ghosting with the green/red pins but I am not able to resolve the ghosting at all.

The image I am working on at the moment is a three frame pano, with three bracketed exposures for each frame, so 3x3. I have opened the files, applied the number of stacks, and base image prior to autodetection and have run the render with Hard Links selected. When the image renders I have ghosting from those pesky people that like to walk in front of your image capture. I have attempted to use the green/red pins but I am unable to select the other two layers in each bracket.

Can I ask for some assistance in pointing me in the right direction to attempt to fix this? Either a reference to the right information, as I have found the info online on the Kolor site a bit light on in detail, or some steps to follow or settings to check. I am very happy to post a screen shot if you would like to see.

Regards

Kingsley

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: HDR Panorama and ghosting directions/resources

by mediavets » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:17 am

KJB wrote:G'day all,

I am hoping someone can assist me here. I am relatively new to APG4 and am having some difficulty to get the best from the images and I am looking for some direction on some resources to help, or some instructions. I have read about LDR/LDR panoramas, and anti-ghosting with the green/red pins but I am not able to resolve the ghosting at all.

The image I am working on at the moment is a three frame pano, with three bracketed exposures for each frame, so 3x3. I have opened the files, applied the number of stacks, and base image prior to autodetection and have run the render with Hard Links selected. When the image renders I have ghosting from those pesky people that like to walk in front of your image capture. I have attempted to use the green/red pins but I am unable to select the other two layers in each bracket.

Can I ask for some assistance in pointing me in the right direction to attempt to fix this? Either a reference to the right information, as I have found the info online on the Kolor site a bit light on in detail, or some steps to follow or settings to check. I am very happy to post a screen shot if you would like to see.

Regards

Kingsley

Welcome to the forum...

Were these images shot handheld?

If you have movement between images in a bracketed exposure set (a stack) then you are going to have a lot of problems.

Do you really need to use bracketed exposures?

Use the mouse scroll wheel to select images in a stack.

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi,

Autopano does a great job removing ghosts from images between different frames, but not between images into a bracketing.

To merge bracketed images I suggest pre-process stacks in Photomatix, that solve quite well the problem of the moving objects within the images of the same stack.

Anyway to better understand your problem (And to provide a more accurate aid) You can share your set of images.

no avatar
KJB

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by KJB » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks.... yes I can post them when I get to Prague tomorrow. K