no avatar
caponepro

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Upgraded to 3.0 and things are not working

by caponepro » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi,

I decided to upgrade to Autopano Video 3.0. I did this primarily because I wanted to continue to use Dwarp on some projects that I started in 3.0 beta.

Dwarp does not work in the new 3.0. Autopano has crashed every time I have tried to run it across numerous projects.

Additionally, as soon as I installed 3.0, my premiere plug-ins stopped working. They worked yesterday before the upgrade.

Please advise.

Thanks.

no avatar
justshell

Info

Re: Upgraded to 3.0 and things are not working

by justshell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:05 am

I am having the same issue.
Dwarp is a great feature and I'm currently using it in a number of projects.
Since the release of 3.0 my beta versions no longer work, and Dwarp doesn't work in 3.0......
Super super SUPER unhelpful.

Anyone have a trick to either get Dwarp to work in 3.0 or a way to have the betas work again? I tried turning off wifi and relaunching, but i think after it checks once you're done for.

Yer Killin Me Smalls. Worst time to have a feature like this take a dump.

For what it's worth, I've only tried it on a Mac - Windows users having the same issue??

no avatar
caponepro

Topic author
Info

by caponepro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm

There was another thread about this in which we learned that the 3.0 release (unlike the beta for some reason) will not work with Nvidia graphics cards. That could explain my issue. I am going to try it on another computer soon to test the theory.

That does not explain why the premiere plug-ins all of a sudden don't work on certain footage, however....

no avatar
caponepro

Topic author
Info

by caponepro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:04 pm

OK - well I just tried the premiere plug ins on my computer that does not have the 3.0 upgrade and they work fine. So...I'm not sure I want to upgrade on this computer to test the dwarp because I really need the plug-ins too. Not a cool position to be in after dropping $300 on new software... Anyone from Kolor want to let us know A) when will the Dwarp be fixed and
B) What is this new issue with the premiere plug-ins after installing 3.0 - could that be a Nvidia thing too?

Thanks!

no avatar
justshell

Info

by justshell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Interesting about the Nvidia cards...but in the webinar this morning, they made a big point of saying that they put a lot of working into "optimizing the CUDA rendering engine....5x faster preview when using NVIDIA GPUs on PC, and 3x faster rendering..." (~4:45 in). And I'm pretty sure the example they are using in the video is a mac...

and at around 12:30, they go into the Dwarp function pretty deep.. and it seems to work fine.....

ANYONE at Kolor have any insight??

no avatar
justshell

Info

by justshell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Noted that in the webinar example they do say they are on a MacPro with AMD GPUs tho. So, while it would be real dumb that NVIDIA cards aren't supported (even tho he does recommend GTX1080s right after he gives the specs for his rig), I suppose it could still be possible.
Grumble.

no avatar
dookie9636

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by dookie9636 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:46 am

I have a gtx 1080 and Intel Core i7 7800X @ 3.50GHz. AVP 3.0 Crashing on stitch but it works on my Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

LoicB
Kolor Team

Liked in: 8 posts
Info

by LoicB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey,
NVidia optimisation should not be broken, so this is definitely a strange bug. I'll ping the devs on this and they'll get back to you.
We are in the final stages of the dev so some bugs are still - sadly - to be expected. But know that we are working hard to make sure they are fixed as fast as possible.
Regarding the plug-ins, a solution is coming very soon but we are not taking them away.
Thanks for you understanding
Loïc

no avatar
caponepro

Topic author
Info

by caponepro » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks for your comments Loic. Any more specific timeline than "very soon"? We have deadlines to meet. Might I suggest, since something clearly went wrong with the official release of 3.0, that you give us access to the beta again since that was working just fine.

no avatar
VR Composers

Info

by VR Composers » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes me too please.

LoicB
Kolor Team

Liked in: 8 posts
Info

by LoicB » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm

RC 2 has been released today, can you guys please download it and let us know whether you are still having these issues or not ?
http://www.kolor.com/autopano-video/download/

thanks

no avatar
justshell

Info

by justshell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Got the RC2 and still SOL.
The crash isn't immediate like it was in RC1-it takes 15s or so, but it doesn't actually do any compute or make any progress or anything.

dWarp still not working.

Is there any way to allow access to the alpha/beta versions again?!? I'd take the occasional crash or erratic behavior instead of a key feature not working at all.

I appreciate that your team is working on improvements, but man- this really blows for a 1k$ package to be missing the element that is so highly recommended and useful, especially for the Omni.

Anyone else try the RC2 with the same results?

ClaireM

Liked in: 36 posts
Info

by ClaireM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 am

Hi

@Justshell : Can you indicate your computer specs? An Nvidia GTX 970 in a macos setup is that a custom mount?
@CaponePro : Can you try with the RC2? (We made some adjustments on Imacs with 660M in it)

Best,

Claire

no avatar
justshell

Info

by justshell » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:09 am

Thats my home rig. When things went south (it worked awesome with A and B versions), i went to a factory made machine.

iMac 14,2
i7, 775m, 32GB, SSD boot/run, project on 2x HDD RAID via Thunderbolt

It's no powerhouse: I'll forgive it speed until I upgrade. Which if the 1k$ software doesnt work on it, I won't need to as quickly.

But if RC2 is optimized for NVIDIA, is it only certain chipset?
Do you have this problem on Windows (from forum posts it looks like you do)?

I've got a versatile machine, and a deadline.
Im using it now on a factory made machine and it wont work worth a damn.

ANY insight is helpful please.
-js

ClaireM

Liked in: 36 posts
Info

by ClaireM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 am

Hi,

But if RC2 is optimized for NVIDIA, is it only certain chipset? : the NVidia optimizations are restricted to windows at the moment.
The only Imacs we were able to test the DWARP feature on are :
-> Imacs late 2014
-> Imacs late 2012
I know we have troubles with Imacs late 2013 but we were not able to test on them (yet?).
(Bug : ALPS-1643 )

Here are a few hints :
-> If you have access to a windows computer or a macbook or an Imac that belongs to the device I listed above, please try on them.
-> If not, you can try the CPU mode (cf. General Settings) but I'm pretty sure this would led you to another crash.

Best,

Claire

no avatar
justshell

Info

by justshell » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Ah. copy.
Well, my work iMac is that late 2013 and can confirm it does crash.
I guess I will try RC2 in windows tonight and see if it works.
Kind of a bummer workaround, but if it means I can get this project done, I'm into it for now.

no avatar
caponepro

Topic author
Info

by caponepro » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi,

I upgraded to RC2 on my computer with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB. The Dwarp does work now, but I am still getting strange bugs with the premiere plug-ins. I use the excellent workflow for patching that is described in your videos. I adjust the pitch in premiere, export an image to create the patch and then nest and reposition back to the proper view using a second Horizon plug-in. All of these were finished and working perfectly before I upgraded to 3.0. They are still fine on a second computer without the upgrade. Now several instances (but not all) do not work. The horizon plug-in on the nested clips just does not work. I've attached 2 images - one with pitch set to -90 and another with pitch set to 0. As you can see the plug-in has no effect. I don't have time to re-do all these patches so I am hoping that you have a fix for this...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.26 PM.png