no avatar
agnescape

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

autopano pro 4.4

by agnescape » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Annis! Thank you for your reply.

I'm experiencing some issues (using the operative system Sierra) and with the Autopano 4.4 (beta version), as I said. The problem is that sometimes the final panoramic image, instead of being just one single image (as it should be) is formed by two separate images. Even if I chose the option "force every image to be in one panorama" the problem is not solved.

I found that sometimes, using the option Detection - Quality of detection - High, the problem is solved, but not always. As I said the problems appears randomly. Sometimes the software works well, sometimes not.

Must I post that information in another section of the Forum?

Thank you very much in advanced!

Agnès.

PS: I attach a screen shot of the problem.
Attachments
problem.jpg

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: autopano pro 4.4

by Annis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 pm

I've moved your post over to the Beta feedback forum.

Did Autopano 2 manage this case better than v4.4?

The images are black and white with very little detail. Autopano having difficulty stitching this case is normal, and the steps you have taken are the correct ones to get the image to stitch correctly (Force all images in one panorama and increasing the detection quality to high).

Is this a scan? If your images were shot following a precise pattern, you could try using the Gigapan import wizard, where you can specify the shooting pattern and number of rows/columns.

no avatar
agnescape

Topic author
Info

by agnescape » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi again, Annis!

Thank you for moving the post to the Beta forum.

No, the Autopano 2 didn't work well for me, unfortunately, that is why I downloaded the Beta version. I read one post which recommended to do that for the Sierra users, which is my case.

Yes, is a scan (I'm illustrator and I need to get the illustrations inside the computer for work digitally with them afterwards). The Autopano seemed a good way to put together again all the different scanned parts of the whole illustration.

I checked now the Gigapan import wizard. Maybe I can try it, as you suggest. I assume that is a plugging which one has to buy, beside the software?

Again, thank you very much for your help, Annis!

Agnès.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Are you using Autopano Pro or Autopano Giga?

The gigapan import wizard is an APG only feature, though you could at least give it a try in the demo version to see if it works any better.

Autopano analyses your images to find common parts between the images in order to stitch them together, it does not simply place them on a grid; which is why images with little detail (or too much repetitive patterns) can be very difficult to stitch.
The Gigapan Importer allows you to tell Autopano that a specific shooting pattern was used, which can help in some cases.

no avatar
agnescape

Topic author
Info

by agnescape » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm using the Autopano Pro.

As you suggest maybe I can see how it works throughout the demo version.

Thank you again for your help, Annis!
I appreciate it!

Agnès.

Annis likes this post.