APG Bracketing orientation bug?  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
Chani

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

APG Bracketing orientation bug?

by Chani » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:53 am

When using APG for stitching 360x180 equirectangular panoramas, there appears to be a detection bug when using anything above 3 brackets. The shots I do with 5 brackets (or more?) always detect the image upside down. Has anyone else noticed this?

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

Re: APG Bracketing orientation bug?

by Panoram1x » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Once we have seen that it is an issue that has not affected other in this forum, it is most likely that this is something in your images or your settings.
Does the problem happens in one set of images or several of them? (Perhaps all?)
Can You share a set of images in which this problem appears to reproduce this behavior and do some tests ?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Chani wrote:When using APG for stitching 360x180 equirectangular panoramas, there appears to be a detection bug when using anything above 3 brackets. The shots I do with 5 brackets (or more?) always detect the image upside down. Has anyone else noticed this?

I vaguely recall seing that happen once.

But if it did it would not have bothered me because it's so easy to re-orinetate the pano in the Panorama editor using the Yaw/Pitch/Roll tool.

no avatar
Chani

Topic author
Info

by Chani » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:49 am

Panoram1x wrote:Once we have seen that it is an issue that has not affected other in this forum, it is most likely that this is something in your images or your settings.
Does the problem happens in one set of images or several of them? (Perhaps all?)
Can You share a set of images in which this problem appears to reproduce this behavior and do some tests ?

This happens with all images I take with more than 3 brackets. I shoot 6 round and one up.

If I can get a chance to take some 'test' shots for upload I will.

no avatar
Chani

Topic author
Info

by Chani » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:54 am

mediavets wrote:
Chani wrote:When using APG for stitching 360x180 equirectangular panoramas, there appears to be a detection bug when using anything above 3 brackets. The shots I do with 5 brackets (or more?) always detect the image upside down. Has anyone else noticed this?

I vaguely recall seing that happen once.

But if it did it would not have bothered me because it's so easy to re-orinetate the pano in the Panorama editor using the Yaw/Pitch/Roll tool.

Under those conditions, you are right, it would not bother me. The problem is have is my workflow. On most jobs, I can be shooting up to 100 panoramas each day. Sometimes, It is even more than this (nearer 200).

This means I have to use the batch stitch option which does not allow for rotating the panorama

I have switched back to PTGUI now because it handles large numbers of fairly large equirectangular panoramas much better than APG does. And the template stitching in PTGUI does exactly what I would expect. The one in APG does not do what you would expect a template to do.

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 pm

It would be good that you make available a set of your images for test