Can't see Links in Editor, No Right Click Context Menu   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
snafubar

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Can't see Links in Editor, No Right Click Context Menu

by snafubar » Thu May 14, 2015 5:10 am

I am testing APG as a replacement for PTGUI, and I am very close to achieving a good stitch, which would lead me to buy the software. But I'm having a couple problems using APG 3.5 and 4.0 on my MacBook Pro running Mavericks 10.9.5.

1) I am unable to see the green "links" when in the editor. The only way I can see them (albeit very briefly) is to open the Control Points Editor then close it again. When I do this, the links can be seen very quickly flashing on the screen. But then they disappear. A bug? Or is there a button I'm missing somewhere to turn them on/off?
example of the "links" i'm referring to on this page: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... nts_Editor

2) I am also not able to figure out how to access the Contextual Menu, as described in the link below. Right click does not conjure it, nor does CTRL+Click.
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... t_click.29

My last question might fall under feature knowledge, but APG is not linking my nadir image with another critical image automatically. For instance if my nadir is image 10, it's giving me 10-1, 10-2, 10-3 and 10-4... but not 10-5 or 10-6 which is where the majority of stitching errors are occurring.

3) How the heck do I "link" two images manually?? I cannot figure this out.

Thank you so much for any help.

KV

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Can't see Links in Editor, No Right Click Context Menu  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 am

Hello

1- When you open the Control points editor, a 2nd window appears that allows you to check/correct/delete/place control points between your images. By closing this window, the control points tool is deselected. If you move the window to the side (or resize it, or even minimize it) then you will be able to see the main window again, and on that the grid of links between the images.

2- The contextual menu appears when used on the main window, so if you have not been able to access this part then not getting the contextual menu to appear is normal.

3-Explained here:
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... cted_areas

Annis

no avatar
snafubar

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Can't see Links in Editor, No Right Click Context Menu

by snafubar » Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Ahh! Thank you for the quick reply, Annis.

I feel a little foolish that I wasn't able to figure these items out on my own as usual. My problem was that I've been using the Control Point Editor window in fullscreen, so it was fully blocking my view of the Editor window.

Anyways thanks again, I feel like I'm on my way to becoming proficient-ish in APG. :)

KV