The main window is the sole interface for Autopano Video, enabling feed of completed work, importing source videos to final output.
The Autopano Video is divided into 5 areas:
- 1: Toolbar
- 2: Input Source Videos
- 3: Realtime Preview
- 4: Timeline
- 5: Reference Panoramas
- Open project: save current project in .kava file
- Save project: load project previously saved in .kava file
A .kave file contains:
- videos loaded
- panoramas loaded
- videos synchronization
- time line state
- current rendering parameters
Input Source Videos
This section of the interface lets you import videos and displays all source videos imported into Autopano Video.
Every video here contains its own playing interface. It is possible to play every video independently, adjust audio volume, etc.
The actions possible in this window do not affect any of the rest of the process.
Importing videos can be done in several ways:
- From the File/Import Video menu
- Slide/Drop videos directly into the window
Importing requires selection of all videos, so it is not possible to import videos one by one. If panoramas are loaded and do not concern the same videos, they will be automatically removed from the Panorama Preview area.
- Stitch as
- Seek on timeline update: if unchecked you can move along the timeline without moving the source. This can be useful on Macs where source seeking can be slow.
The video assembly preview shows the result of the assembly made previously in Autopano (Pro or Giga) and to start playing it.
Viewing does not allow 360° navigation and uses the projection defined in Autopano (Pro or Giga).
- Run batch jobs: launches the output of projects added to the list of batch jobs.
The timeline is the navigation tool used for most features.
Number values are defined in hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds.
Cursors are moved using the mouse.
- The small white cursor shows the moment playing in the video previews and/or treatment. Or you can change the current moment by inputting directly a time in the "Spinbox" and press enter.
- The 2 rectangular cursors show the start and end markers of the output sequence.
- To jump to a specific moment, use the digital editor to the left of the timeline, enter the desired value and validate (Enter). The playing moment will be updated after every validation.
- Clicking on the flags will use the position of the playing moment to define output sequence markers.
This area of the interface imports a project file (.pano) and displays reference panoramas created from an assembly (“Stich as” option).
Each thumbnail contains a preview of the related panorama, the panorama name, its image format and its size in pixels.
Selecting a panorama displays it in the video assembly preview.
- Edit: opens the panorama in Autopano (Pro or Giga) for editing. Double-clicking on the preview (thumbnail) also opens the panorama in Autopano (Pro or Giga).
- Remove: removes the selected panorama.
Importing projects can be done in several ways:
- From the File/Import Panorama menu
- Slide/Drop a .pano file directly into the window
If the videos associated to the imported project are not the running videos displayed in the interface, they will be automatically replaced.