Autopano Video - FAQ - Input, Output & Using the software
- 1 Input
- 2 Output
- 3 Troubleshooting - Using the software
- 3.1 When I click on Edit nothing happens
- 3.2 I have Autopano Pro/Giga installed but nothing happens or other software opens when I click on Edit?
- 3.3 Saving changes in Autopano does not update in Autopano Video
- 3.4 Changing the projection or cropping does not take effect in Autopano Video
- 3.5 Autopano Video resets after saving in Autopano
- 3.6 My synchronisation is good but it looks unsynchronized/there are seam issues
- 3.7 Why is there a yellow warning sign in the cameras timeline?
- 3.8 Assertion failed at core/pushencoder.cpp(429) - Invalid state
Are there specific settings required for my cameras to shoot 360 videos?
There are some basic requirements: make sure that there is sufficient overlap between the videos (shoot in 4:3 format) and that they are all at the same frame rate, otherwise stitching will be impossible.
Is there any example footage I can use to test Autopano Video?
Of course! You'll find some sample videos to download here.
Does Autopano Video support 4K stitching?
Yes, it's fully supported. The result can vary depending on your hardware.
Which video formats are supported in input ?
Does Autopano Video stitch Ricoh Theta 360 videos?
Autopano Video doesn't stitch Theta videos.
To stitch it you have to send it through the Ricoh Theta viewer software, it will stitch it automatically. However, you have no control over the horizon so if it wasn't shot straight there isn't much that can be done.
How can I view 360° videos properly?
360° videos require a specific player to be played properly. Offline, on Desktop (Windows & Mac) or mobile (Android & iOs) you can use the Kolor Eyes app. If you want to host the videos online, then you can also use Kolor Eyes Hosting or Youtube360
Can I upload videos made with Autopano Video to Youtube360?
Youtube360 has an app that you must run your 360° video through before uploading, to be recognised as a 360° video.
Autopano Video will inject the required metadata when rendering your video automatically, just like the YouTube script, if Python 2.7 is installed on your computer.
Troubleshooting - Using the software
When I click on Edit nothing happens
If you already have Autopano Pro/Giga installed, read I have Autopano Pro/Giga installed but nothing happens when I click on Edit?
I have Autopano Pro/Giga installed but nothing happens or other software opens when I click on Edit?
Your ".pano" file extension is not linked with Autopano Pro/Giga anymore, you should have the same problem when you try to open a ".pano" file from your OS explorer. To fix this:
- on Windows
- Right-click on a ".pano" file -> open with -> choose default program -> select the last version of Autopano Giga
- on Mac OS
- Right-click on a ".pano" file -> open with -> other -> select the last version of Autopano Giga and check the box "always open with".
Saving changes in Autopano does not update in Autopano Video
There are a few things to check that can and will cause this problem:
- Are all the source videos in the same folder? And the project file too?
- Is there any space or special characters in the folder name / video name / project name / filepath?
- Are you working on a network drive?
Also make sure you fully understand how Autopano Video works :
- Are you in the correct tab for applying the changes you want :
- If you need to change the stitch/stabilization/color correction ... => stitching tab
- If you need to change the projection/crop ... => authoring tab.
For instance on the screenshot below trying to change the projection in APG while being in the stitching tab in AVP will result in no changes being applied. (see red circle on screenshot below)
- Are you trying to edit when you are located in a transition between states?
Indeed, only states in blue can be modified in APG. That is to say that on the screenshot below, only changes in colors and stitch made in APG are going to be applied to AVP. Changes related to masks or the horizon will be discarded since the current moment is not located to a blue state in those timelines.
On the screenshot below, only changes regarding stitch or masks can be applied to the AVP project because those two tracks are currently in an editable state (blue) . Other changes related to horizon or colors will be discarded since the current time of edition is located on a transition for those items (green)
Changing the projection or cropping does not take effect in Autopano Video
You need to be in Authoring mode to change the projection or to crop your video.
Autopano Video resets after saving in Autopano
My synchronisation is good but it looks unsynchronized/there are seam issues
This is propably due to the rolling shutter of your cameras. The rolling shutter results in a little desynchronization between the top and the bottom of each frame. And when you stitch two videos subject to this "internal desynchronization" it gives you the illusion that your videos are not synchronized.
This side effect of the rolling shutter is accentuated in very bright light environments (sun light), one of the solutions is to limit the light entering in the camera lenses. For that you can use a. Using such filters will also reduce the bad capture effect of plane propellers.
Why is there a yellow warning sign in the cameras timeline?
This warning sign is due to the activation of the smart cutting, and the smart cutting is not compatible with the camera interpolations (the transitions and the motion compensation). This cutting mode is recommended only when you have a static camera and a pretty static subject/scene.
Assertion failed at core/pushencoder.cpp(429) - Invalid state
The "Assertion failed at core/pushencoder.cpp(429) - Invalid state" error is sent by the encoder meaning that your settings don't fit in a "standard MP4 preset" or that your output folder doesn't exists. This also could be due to a high FPS, a bad size (too large or not multiple of 16), a too large bitrate... You also have to make sure that the framerate you ask for fit into the output standard (PAL or NTSC)
The first thing to check is that your output folder exists and that you have the write rights on this folder. You also have to make sure that your settings fit in a standard level of the MP4/h.264 norm, see the section "Levels" of the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC