Difference between revisions of "Autopano Video - 3.0 - new features"
(→Autopano Video new features)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 15:40, 7 June 2017
This new version of our leading video stitching software is packed with new features as D.WARP for Omni, timecode support, GoPro VR preview, Nuke support and bug fixes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if this is a 3.0 version, you have to register this version with a v2 key, which will be accepted all throughout the alpha-testing phase. This means that this version is time-locked, and will lock itself (removing the registration) around the time a new alpha, beta or the final release comes. When the final version is released, you will need an upgraded version 3 key to use the software. If you've lost your license key, you can retrieve it at any time from your account.
Autopano Video new features
We added some very cool new features on Autopano Video. Here's a detailed list of the new features.
- D.WARP for OMNI: D.WARP technology offers a new way to stitch footage from the GoPro Omni rig and dramatically reduces the need for post-processing. Just click on the D.WARP button and many stitching errors due to parallax will be removed. It works for both static and moving shots! Currently, this feature works with the GoPro Omni rig thanks to several advantages that enable D.WARP to work properly (only compatible with ISO Cutting blending mode):
- the geometry is known
- the camera position cannot change
- the synchronization is perfect
- the overlap between the cameras is large enough
All these points are required to focus mostly on the parallax compensation that D.WARP offers. Applying the D.WARP should be the last step of your workflow. Have at look at this quick tip video to learn more about D.WARP.
From AVP 3.0 Alpha2, D.WARP is now compatible with 6 & 7 cameras RIGs like Freedom360 Classic Mount, 360RIZE H3PRO6 and 360 RIZE H3PRO7 we tested and approved! Our aim is to make D.WARP compatible with more rigs but feel free to try it on any 6 or 7 cameras. We also added 2 D.WARP Presets. See D.WARP tool and our FAQ for further details
- Timecode support: This new version supports timecode that allows videos from any genlocked rig to be directly imported into Autopano Video Pro without the need to synchronize the videos again. On the export side of things, you can either choose your start time in the render box or pass-through the source timecodes. The burn-in function will also help you work with proxy files in post-processing. This feature works with solutions offered by 3d-party companies like Timecode Systems, and results to a faster and more precise workflow.
- GoPro VR live preview: You can now preview the 360 video you’re working on in GoPro VR player, our free MacOS / Windows VR player. GoPro VR player is compatible with the Oculus and HTC Vive and will allow you to preview your footage in a VR headset without exporting your video or leaving Autopano Video Pro!
- Frictionless Nuke / Autopano Video Pro workflow: Whenever a user imports an Autopano Video Pro project into Nuke, their nodes will be created automatically, providing a seamless workflow they can immediately apply to Cara VR. With a robust bridge between the two apps, Foundry and GoPro customers can access the right tool for the job, at every stage of their workflow.
- New batch renderer: We worked a lot on the new batch renderer. You are now able to change the settings of a project directly into the batch render list without opening it, you can open the directory or the file rendered with a right-click and and you are also able to reorganize your rendering list.
You can download Autopano Video 3.0 here
See the full changelog here and stay tuned for future updates.
BACK TO: Autopano Video Documentation