Changes to the Preference settings in the optimization will be applied by default to the entire new image group created.
During the optimization step, the images are positioned based on their control points that are calculated during the detection.
Autopano works perfectly with default settings and the hazardous changes of these options may damage the operation of Autopano.
If you make a mistake, you can use the "Restore defaults" button.
By default, the most appropriate profile (combination of several stages) is automatically selected depending on the content of the source images.
- 1) Local / global: lets you pre-position the images locally
- Local approach: intelligently validates the control points calculations. This changes in the stitching if the calculations seem wrong (false links) and that allows to not affect too much the good links.
- 2) First optimization: looks for the ideal position of each image simultaneously.
- 3) First lens distortion: Corrects lens distortion (very useful for short and medium focal lengths).
- 4) Geom analysis: double checks the control points / links without taking into account the filtering done during the detection.
- 5) Final Lens distortion: Corrects lens distortions again if Step 4 was performed (cleaning links/control points).
- Use grid position: only available if you have imported pictures taken with the help of a pan head via a Clauss or Papywizard import plug-in (this option re-uses the coordinates provided to pre-position the images).
- Assume row/column shooting: Active for panoramas coming from a Gigapan head. This method requires high precision in the shooting matrix.
- Bad points: clears control points when RMS is too high
- Bad links: clears links when RMS average is too high
The optimization scopes are a combination of settings allowing to improve the links between images.
First of all, it is mostly advised to read the following page: Optimizer engine
- Grouping criteria: lets select how the images are grouped on the Optimization grouping.
- Automatic: (default) Autopano decides by itself what kind of grouping to apply, depending on the source images.
- No grouping: forces Autopano to not group the images
- Lens type: groups the images by lens type
- Stacks: groups the images when stacks are present on the project
- EXIF camera model: groups images by using the camera model information defined on the EXIF data
- EXIF focal length: groups images by using the focal length information defined on the EXIF data
- Has EXIF: groups images if images include EXIF or not
- Scope: defines if the related setting is applied on each image, group of images (set above) or panorama
- Image: the related setting would be applied on individual images
- Group: the related setting would be applied on the grouping defined above
- Pano: the related setting would be applied on the whole panorama (groups and individual images included)
- Focal: Sets the method for calculating the focal length.
- Automatic: (default) Autopano decides by itself what kind of focal calculation to apply (and if it is necessary), depending on the content of the group of images.
- Do not optimize: Autopano does not calculate the focal lengths, the default value is used.
- Optimize: Lets Autopano calculate the focal lengths.
- Keep current value: Autopano does not calculate the focal lengths, the current value is used (in this case, only the quick optimization is available)
- Distortion: Sets the method for calculating the distortion of the lenses.
- Automatic: (default) Autopano decides by itself what kind of distortion calculation to apply (and if it is necessary), depending on the content of the group of images.
- Do not optimize: forces Autopano to not calculate distortions.
- 1st order: commom distortion, Barrel distorsion or Pincushion distortion
- 2nd order: more complex distortion, Barrel distorsion, Pincushion distortion or mix of Barrel/Pincushion (mustache).
- 3rd order: further complex distortion. Few lenses still get this type of distortion (not very useful in practice).
- Keep current value: Autopano does not calculate the distortion, the current value of k1, k2 and k3 is kept (in this case, only the quick optimization is available)
- Automatic: (default) Autopano decides by itself the offset value (the difference between the center of the lens and the center of the sensor) to apply (and if it is necessary), depending on the source images.
- Do not optimize: forces Autopano to not calculate offsets to apply.
- Optimize: Lets Autopano calculate offsets for the group defined.
- Keep current value: the current offset values are kept (in this case, only the quick optimization is available)
- Viewpoint: ( Autopano Giga only) tolerates variations in the nodal point and detects changes in viewpoint to provide a satisfactory result, whatever the shooting conditions. Autopano will optimize or not depending of the choice.
BACK TO: Documentation / Autopano Documentation