Autopano - FAQ - Using the software
- 1 Information about Panotour Pro
- 1.1 General
- 1.1.1 What are the differences between Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga?
- 1.1.2 What is the required computer configuration to run Autopano Pro or Autopano Giga ?
- 1.1.3 In which formats can Panotour Pro export the virtual tours ?
- 1.1.4 How can I publish a virtual tour on the internet ?
- 1.1.5 What do I need to do to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system ?
- 1.2 Trial information
- 1.3 Purchasing Policy
- 1.4 Updates and upgrades
- 1.1 General
Information about Panotour Pro
What are the differences between Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga?
You can find the different features of both applications in the comparison chart between Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga.
What is the required computer configuration to run Autopano Pro or Autopano Giga ?
Autopano Giga can run on Windows, Mac and Linux. Before purchasing it, you can download an try the demo version for free.
- Minimal configuration
- Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2000 or Apple Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard running on an Intel-based Mac only or Linux kernel 2.6 or superior
- Processor: 1 GHz
- RAM: 2 Gb
- Display: resolution of 1024x768 minimum
- A sufficient hard disk space depending on the size of the panoramas you process
- Recommended configuration
- The 64-bit version of your operating system if your hardware can handle it (eg. Windows Vista 64 bits, Mac OS 10.8 - 64 bits, Ubuntu 9.04 - 64 bits, etc)
- A 2 GHz processor or more
- Multi-core processors
- 4 Gb of RAM or more
- A recent graphics card with dedicated memory
Find out more: discover Enhancing_Autopano's_performance how to enhance Autopano's performance.
In which formats can Panotour Pro export the virtual tours ?
Panotour Pro enables you to export your virtual tours in the following formats:
- Adobe Flash® format, compatible with all computers except tablets and mobiles.
- HTML5 format, compatible with desktops, tablets and mobiles (including iPhone® and iPad®) and most of Android devices.
How can I publish a virtual tour on the internet ?
A virtual tour is not a simple image, it is a group of files that have to be hosted on a server. Although Panotour includes a FTP Client to load your virtual tour on a website, a minimum of knowledge in web publishing is required. However, launching a virtual from your website is quite simple when all files are uploaded, just launch the file from your browser. Attention: Please note that web development and publishing is not a service that we provide, and as such we can not offer technical support on this matter beyond this documentation page on Web Publishing; nevertheless, you can use the Panotour Forum if you have questions on this subject.
What do I need to do to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system ?
- On Windows: If your computer has a 64-bit processor, then you can upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows. If your computer does not have a 64-bit processor, you may upgrade to a new computer. Refer to your computer dealer for more information.
- On Mac OS: Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion are already 64-bit capable, which enables leveraging of more than 4GB of RAM. If you intend to work on big projects, you can just add some RAM and you will start seeing the benefits of the 64-bits support in Panotour Pro.
How do I get a trial version ?
You can download a trial version from the Download Center.
Is the trial version limited in time or features ?
The trial version is not limited in time but in features:
- Generated virtual tours have a watermark.
- Virtual tours can only be viewed locally, not on the internet.
- Mobile export is not available.
Are there resources available to help me evaluate the trial software ?
Yes. You have access to the full technical support section, that includes text and video tutorials and the documentation. You also have access to the forum (creating a forum account is free) and you can still contact the Kolor team in case you have specific questions.
How do I convert my trial to a purchased version of the product ?
You don't need to install the application again. You just need to unlock the trial version with a registration code that you can purchase on the Kolor Store. You then receive your registration code by e-mail and you just need to copy and paste it in the software as described on the page Installation / Registration.
How can I get a full license ?
You can purchase a full license on the Kolor Store. As soon as your payment is confirmed (it is immediate for the majority of card or Paypal payments), you receive your registration code by e-mail and you can use it immediately.
Do I receive a CD-ROM ?
No. All our software applications are to be downloaded. This enables you to download an update as soon as it is released on our website and therefore always have up-to-date software. Should you want to keep a copy on a CD-ROM, feel free to burn the latest version of the installer file that you can find on the Download Center.
Can I install the application on several computers ?
The license of Panotour Pro is a single-station license, i.e. you can only install the application on one computer. However, Kolor tolerates the installation of the application on several computers for individuals and self-employed persons insofar as you are the only user of the application on these computers.
What if I change my computer or operating system ?
You don't need to buy a new license, you just have to download and reinstall Panotour Pro, and use the registration key you received when you purchased the application. If you lost your registration key, you can retrieve it at any time on your User Account. If you change your operating system (for example, if you move from Windows to Mac OS), you can use the same registration key. When you buy the program, you are asked to specify your operating system only for statistic reasons.
Do you offer Education pricing ?
Kolor is committed to promote the potential of panoramic photography to the most possible people. In this effort, Kolor offers special prices for students, teachers and schools. Refer to the Kolor Education Program.
Do you offer volume pricing ?
Updates and upgrades
Are the bug fixes free ?
Yes. All bug fixes of a main version (example: version 2) are free.
What is the update and upgrade policy ?
All minor updates are free (example: version 2.0 to version 2.1). The major upgrades (example: version 2 to version 3) are paid upgrades and the upgrade price is generally the third of the standard software price, but these major upgrades can be free if you purchased the previous version around the date of release of the new major version.
Do I get a special price if I want to upgrade from Panotour to Panotour Pro ?
Yes. You can upgrade to Panotour Pro at any time and you only need to pay the price difference between both applications. You can therefore begin with Panotour and then switch to Panotour Pro when you are ready for it. You will find this upgrade possibility in your User Account after purchasing Panotour.