APP/APG v2.0 Troubleshooting
- 1 Crash during rendering
- 2 APP has problems with more than three levels of bracketing
- 3 [1.4.0 OSX Leopard] temp files not deleted when closing groups/panos
- 4 [1.4.0 OSX] Registration issue (user and code are not recorded)
- 5 [1.5.0 OSX] Registration issue (user and code are not recorded)
- 6 [1.4.0 OSX] preference menu is disabled (grey)
- 7 [1.4.0 Windows] Cannot save panoramas
Crash during rendering
This is a pretty common issue and in 95%, it's caused by not enough memory. Autopano Pro is able to stitch really big panoramas but you still need to check points before doing gigapixels :
- First, the computer. You won't be able to do a big panorama with a small computer. It's obvious of course.
So at least 2 or more gigabytes is needed as RAM memory. You should also have a huge temporary folder. We can use a lot of temporary files ( 20 gigas is good for many case ).
- Globals settings : in the edit menu, general preferences, verify those settings :
- Don't put a high number into the cache size. Put a low value ( 20 MB, for example, not more ).
- The setting below that tells how many memory to use during rendering should also be set to low if the rendering doesn't work.
- You'll have to start again the software for theses settings to be updated.
Once you have check that, you should be able to render big panoramas.
Note : For Autopano engine, big panoramas means a high width. The height has no influence with our cell rendering engine, only the width. So if your panorama is 10K x 40K, it's in fact small for our engine, but 40K x 10K is pretty big ).
APP has problems with more than three levels of bracketing
APP has a restriction in the default settings to process no more than 3 exposures brackets. If you want to process more, change the quality detection settings from normal to high.
[1.4.0 OSX Leopard] temp files not deleted when closing groups/panos
Yes. That's by design. In fact, temporary files are often developed raw files. I assume that if the software is still open, you can want to get back on those files and I keep cache for picture. BTW : one picture can be in groups, or in pano, or in the job queue, that's a lot of location. Every other temporary file is freed as soon as possible when not needed anymore : for example after the rendering, rendering temp space is cleaned.
[1.4.0 OSX] Registration issue (user and code are not recorded)
Use spotlight for looking for the file com.kolor.Autopano.plist and/or the file com.kolor.AutopanoPro.plist then delete them.
[1.5.0 OSX] Registration issue (user and code are not recorded)
- use finder, Menu/Go/Go to folder/
- write ~/Library/Preferences/ and press enter
- delete all files beginning with com.kolor.
Check if there is no dialog box opened like "Settings", "Batch Render" or "About". If not use spotlight for looking for the file com.kolor.Autopano.plist and/or the com.kolor.AutopanoPro.plist then delete them.
[1.4.0 Windows] Cannot save panoramas
If no file is created when you try to save a panorama as a project file or when you try to render it as a JPG file for example, try to change the file name values in the Filename field. For example, replace %a by an actual filename.