Template:V1.4 Option Optimisation
Optimization Settings determine image positioning, the quality of CP pairs, global RMS and the overall panorama quality. It is important to understand that the Optimization Settings have two instances - Global, set from here, and Local, set from the Control Points Editor. Whatever you set in this dialog will be applied to every newly created panorama, unless overridden by its local settings.
- Optimisation: By default, these two options are checked and this setting should work fine most of the time. Turning those off will really speed up the detection of large panoramas (hundreds of files).
- Strong algorithm: Turn on/off the use of a stricter algorithm while optimizing after panorama detection.
- Lens distortion: Turn on/off the lens distortion correction logic.
- Geometry analysis: Geometric analysis automatically looks for control points in all images. This option defines the behavior of the Add control points using geometric analysis button in the Control Points Editor. As this analysis relies on images already pre-positioned, Autopano Pro can concentrate on the seam areas between the images. Three modes are provided:
- Find control points where none exist: Look for control points between overlapping images that have no Image Link created. Use this mode when there are some missing image links.
- Find control points everywhere and merge with old CP: Look for control points in every image, then add the newly generated points to those already present. Use this mode when there are too few control points in the panorama overall.
- Find control points everywhere and remove old CP: Look for control points in every image, then remove the current points and use only the new ones. Use this mode when the overall control point quality is weak.
- Bad control points cleaner: This function is like a filter applied to all control points, leaving only the best ones. This option defines the behavior of the Clean bad control points button in the Control Points Editor. Two modes are provided:
- Keep control points below this error (RMS): Remove all points that have a RMS above the selected value. Gives better quality, but with badly positioned images can remove most of (or all) control points.
- Keep the N best control points: Leave an exact number of points per image pair, removing only the worst ones. Usually the best mode with hand-held panoramas or difficult cases.
- Auto fine tuner: Allow you to trigger the following functions automatically:
- Use geometry analysis
- Use bad control point cleaner
Note: Use geometry analysis is launched before Use bad control point cleaner
- CP detector quality: This options enables you to choose the quality of the control points detector. By defautlt, it is set on "standard", which is a good compomise between speed and detection quality. You can also set the number of control points to be detected.