Panotour - FAQ - FAQ for 1.8 Users
- 1 What is the difference between a tour from 1.8 and 2.0?
- 2 Does Panotour Pro 2.0 open projects done with 1.8 ?
- 3 What is imported from a 1.8 project ?
- 4 How to launch a tour locally from a computer ?
- 5 How to display an image ?
- 6 How to display a video ?
- 7 How to add the Little Planet effect at the beginning of the tour?
- 8 How to start and adjust autorotation ?
- 9 How to add a splash screen ?
- 10 How do I adjust the floorplan's Radar ?
- 11 How do I add a floorplan to be opened like it was in v1.8?
- 12 Can I still embed all the tour's files into a single .swf Flash file ?
- 13 Can I still export the tour into an iBook widget ?
- 14 Where is the list of panoramas ?
- 15 I bought a Branding Free for Panotour Pro 1.8, will it still work with Panotour Pro 2.0?
What is the difference between a tour from 1.8 and 2.0?
The player. 1.8 tours used a Flash player, which is slowly being less and less supported on various platforms (notably mobile devices), whereas 2.0 tours predominantly use HTML5 which work differently when viewing offline. There are also many more plugins to be used and customisation possibilities.
Does Panotour Pro 2.0 open projects done with 1.8 ?
Yes, but it does not import all the data of the 1.8 project. Panotour Pro 2.0 is a complete rewrite, with many different concepts.
What is imported from a 1.8 project ?
- the source file(s) of the panorama
- the name of the panorama
- the default view of the panorama
- the location of the spots
- the tooltip of the spot
- the target of the spot if the spot is linked to a panorama*
- the spot view if the spot has a targeted panorama
*Any other type of hotspot (image, video, sound) will be automatically converted into a navigational spot, which is the default hotspot. They will have to be recreated and replaced, either by creating new point spot styles or placing image or video spots.
How to launch a tour locally from a computer ?
How to display an image ?
In Panotour 2 there are different ways for displaying pictures
- The simplest way:
- Using Gallery Plugins (Panotour Pro 2 only):
- see on YouTube How to Display an Image from the Gallery Plugin
- see on YouTube How to Display an Image from the Small Gallery Bar Plugin
- Gallery Plugins
- Placing the image into the sphere with a hotspot:
How to display a video ?
In Panotour Pro 2 there are different ways for displaying videos:
- The simplest way:
- A Point Hotspot to open a video from the Web:
- Into the sphere with a video hotspot:
How to add the Little Planet effect at the beginning of the tour?
In Panotour Pro 2, the Little Planet effect can be enabled only for tour start or for each panorama in Project Properties / Start Parameters
How to start and adjust autorotation ?
In Panotour 2, the autorotation feature is set in Project Properties / Start Parameters
- In Panotour 2, autorotation parameters are set only for the entire project.
- In Panotour Pro 2, autorotation parameters can be set for each panorama.
How to add a splash screen ?
In Panotour 2, you can display a splash screen to your tour in Project Properties / Start Parameters
How do I adjust the floorplan's Radar ?
That is set using the Compass bar in the Panorama Properties.
How do I add a floorplan to be opened like it was in v1.8?
The floorplan plugin, like the rest of Panotour v.2 has gone under a lot of rewriting to offer new features a flexibility, but opening a floorplan exactly as it did in v.1.8 is not possible. The best way to emulate that effect, would be to:
- Place a simple button on your interface, and use a small version of the Floorplan graphic as the image.
- Give it the action of opening the Floorplan.
- When configuring your floorplan, give it the advanced behavior of closing on a click.
Can I still embed all the tour's files into a single .swf Flash file ?
For compatibility reasons with the HTML plugins, this feature is no longer available in Panotour 2.
Can I still export the tour into an iBook widget ?
For compatibility reasons and because of the complexity of Panotour virtual tours, this feature is not available anymore in Panotour 2.
Instead, you can consider using
For the offline viewing of your tours, you can also use .
Where is the list of panoramas ?
In Panotour 2, list of panoramas can be displayed with:
In Panotour Pro 2, list of panoramas can be displayed with:
I bought a Branding Free for Panotour Pro 1.8, will it still work with Panotour Pro 2.0?
Yes, the Branding Free license will work in the new version but you'll need the updated version as it's format has changed (it's now a textual license instead of a file).
If you bought it from us, you can find the updated license in your
If you bought it from KrPano, you will have to .
See here to register.