Panotour - FAQ - Viewing the tour online (desktop)
- 1 Viewing functionalities
- 2 Troubleshooting online viewing
- 2.1 How to troubleshoot online tours
- 2.2 Fullscreen doesn't work
- 2.3 Viewing the tour isn't smooth
- 2.4 Some plugins are not displayed or interfere with the fullscreen mode
- 2.5 Tour and video (youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, kolor eyes) in fullscreen concurrency
- 2.6 Some plugins appear always over other plugins even with the plugins order have been defined
- 2.7 Tours made with Panotour 2.3 or under do not work in Microsoft Edge
How to force the display of the tour in Flash viewer or in HTML5 viewer version ?
Add ?html5=VALUE at the end of URL where VALUE is:
- auto for automatic selection of the viewer.
- For example http://www.yoururl.com/?html5=auto or http://www.yoururl.com/mytour.html?html5=auto
- never for the Flash viewer to be used.
- For example http://www.yoururl.com/?html5=never or http://www.yoururl.com/mytour.html?html5=never
- prefer for the HTML5 viewer when possible.
- For example http://www.yoururl.com/?html5=prefer or http://www.yoururl.com/mytour.html?html5=prefer
- only to enforce the HTML5 viewer.
- For example http://www.yoururl.com/?html5=only or http://www.yoururl.com/mytour.html?html5=only
VALUE prefer and only also support the add of +css3d for the CSS3D player or +webgl for the WebGL player.
Deep linking allows you to go directly to the panorama view and zoom of your choice. You can achieve this by adding some variables to the URL.
For example your deep linked URL looks like http://www.yoururl.com/?s=pano425&h=-104&v=-9&f=67 or http://www.yoururl.com/mytour.html?s=pano425&h=-104&v=-9&f=67&skipintro=true&norotation=true
The variable «s» can be retrieved in Picture/Panorama Properties > Name, click on icon and get the panorama ID. In this example, panorama ID is «pano425».
- startscene or s is the panorama identifier name.
- h is the horizontal looking direction (-180 to +180).
- v is the vertical looking direction (-90 to +90).
- f is the current field of view in degrees (0.0 to 179.0). Depending on its value, this variable may have no effect if Limit to image resolution checkbox is checked.
- skipintro is an option to skip the little planet effect and/or the splash screen introduction.
- norotation is an option to stop autorotation. Usefull if your tour is build with autorotation on startup.
- tour_soundson=false is an option to start out the tour with the sounds turned off.
- tour_displaythumbnails=falseis an option to start out the tour with the tour thumbnails hidden.
Troubleshooting online viewing
How to troubleshoot online tours
On the tour's direct page, open the developer tools of your browser (usually with Ctrl+Shift+I) and reload the page.
From there you'll be able to see if some files are missing or if they don't have the correct permissions to be accessed.
In that case check they were correctly uploaded on your server and have the appropriate file permissions, and you will be able to compare the tours on your server and on your computer using your FTP Client (like Filezilla).
Fullscreen doesn't work
If your tour is included into an
<iframe> tag, the
allowfullscreen attribute must be added.
<iframe ... allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
If your tour is exported as HTML5 only, make sure your browser is up to date, and see this page to see if your browser/device is compatible with the fullscreen API in the HTML5 player: http://caniuse.com/#feat=fullscreen
Viewing the tour isn't smooth
Tours built with v2.3 or lower:
This is due to the incorporation of the Flash Player and HTML5 plugins above it. To remedy this, try adding ?html5=prefer to the end of your URL. Doing this will force the viewer in HTML5 first, but have Flash as a fallback in case the browser does not support HTML5.
Rotation should be much smoother because there won't be the interaction between those two components.
From Panotour 2.5+, the HTML5 player is loaded in priority, so you won't need to add the code to the end of your URL.
Some plugins are not displayed or interfere with the fullscreen mode
Some browsers don't support the HTML5 fullscreen API (see https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-file/tip/Overview.html).
For these browsers the HTML5 plugins (see list of HTML5 plugins) are not displayed in full screen mode. These browsers include IE10 and earlier versions, Safari 6 and earlier versions.
Tour and video (youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, kolor eyes) in fullscreen concurrency
Panotour Pro generates a tour which is compliant with the Fullscreen HTML5 API. But the videos providers as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and KolorEyes use also this technology to display video in fullscreen mode. So when using Video Fullscreen, the fullscreen event can broke the tour fullscreen until the video is closed.
Some plugins appear always over other plugins even with the plugins order have been defined
- Gallery › Gallery
- Maps › Floor Plan
- Maps › PanotourMaps
- Menu › Panorama Menu
- Menu › Projections Menu
- Text Zone › Description
- Viewers › PDF Box
- Viewers › Social Share
- Viewers › Web video Box
- Viewers › Website Box
- Controls › Social Button
- User input › Analytics
Tours made with Panotour 2.3 or under do not work in Microsoft Edge
It's a bug in KrPano HTML5 viewer, which is fixed in the version 1.18.5 of KrPano and the 1.19 pre-release 3.
The fix is included in Panotour 2.5, but you can also follow the instructions here to update your tours KrPano version to the latest stable one if you built the tour with Panotour Pro 2.3 and don't want to use the beta.