APP/APG v2.0 Installation and registration
Welcome to the Autopano installation tutorial!
We will first start by downloading the software from the official website.
To do so, follow the link provided below and download the installation package matching your operating system.
Installing Autopano on a Mac
- The file downloaded is a .dmg file, that opens as a virtual disk on your desktop. Open this virtual disk. You see the Autopano icon and a shortcut to your Applications folder.
- Drag the Autopano icon on the shortcut of your Applications folder.
- Open your Applications folder and look for Autopano Pro or Autopano Giga. Open it directly from the Applications folder.
- You can then create a shortcut on your desktop if you want to (by holding down Alt and Cmd keys and dragging the Autopano icon from your Applications folder to your desktop).
Note : The .dmg file is located in Home/Downloads.
Installing Autopano on a PC
- If you have a PC running Windows, open the downloaded file and go through the installation process.
- If you have a PC running Linux, download the .deb or .tar.gz file and proceed to the installation.
Unregistered Version Limitations
The version of the software you can download from the website has some functional limitations in demo mode:
- All rendered images will have a watermark,
- Projects files (.pano) cannot be saved,
- Export to panotools is limited (only the first image pair will be exported with all the control points).
These are the only 3 limitations; the rest of the software is fully functional. Moreover, the trial version is not time limited. You can use the unregistered version for as long as you want to evaluate the program.
Purchasing a License
Thank You! It is a good idea to support our efforts in bringing you the best stitching software available on the market today. To do so, just go to our online store:
You will find all necessary details regarding the purchase procedure and the available payment options; you will also be able to manage your customer account.
At the end of the purchase process you will receive an email with you invoice in PDF format and the registration key for your purchase. Here is an example of the message being sent:
When you first launch Autopano Pro and you did not yet register the software, the following screen will be displayed:
Click on the « Register … » button to enter the registration information you received in your confirmation email.
Be careful to enter the registration data exactly as it was sent to you.
Done! You have completed the Autopano Pro installation!