Frequently Asked Questions - General
- 1 General
- 2 Trial information
- 3 Purchasing Policy
- 4 Licenses
- 4.1 How can I get a full license ?
- 4.2 Do you offer temporary licenses (monthly, weekly..)?
- 4.3 Are there any time limits to your licenses?
- 4.4 How do I upgrade my license to the latest version?
- 4.5 I've changed e-mail address, how do I update my licence's username?
- 4.6 Do I need an extra license to use my projects commercially?
- 4.7 I bought your software but it isn't what I was looking for, can I get a refund?
- 4.8 Can I modify my license login?
- 4.9 Can I resell/give away my license?
- 5 Updates and upgrades
What are the differences between the standard and pro versions?
The standard versions contain less features than the pro versions. You can find all the differences in the comparative charts of each software:
- Autopano Pro and Giga comparative chart.
- Panotour and Panotour Pro comparative chart.
- Autopano Video and Autopano Video Pro comparative chart.
What is the required computer configuration to use your software?
Our software can run on Windows, Mac and Linux. Before purchasing it, you can download and try the demo version for free.
- Minimal configuration
- Operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 (64 bits only), ready for Windows 10. We can not guarantee the compatibility with older Windows systems like Vista, XP or 2000 and/or 32 bits systems.
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and later (64 bits only)
- Linux Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bits only)
- Processor: 1 GHz
- RAM: 2 Gb
- Display: resolution of 1024x768 minimum
- Sufficient hard disk space depending on the size of your projects
- Operating system:
- Recommended configuration
- A 2 GHz processor or more
- Multi-core processors
- 4 Gb of RAM or more
- A recent graphics card with dedicated memory. If you own an integrated Intel GPU and a nVidia card, you can select which GPU to use with Autopano or any other application: on Windows, do a right click on the desktop, select nVidia control panel, then select Autopano to be used with the nVidia GPU.
What do I need to do to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system ?
- On Windows: If your computer has a 64-bit processor, then you can upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 8. If your computer does not have a 64-bit processor, you may upgrade to a new computer. Refer to your computer retailer for more information.
- On Mac OS: Mac OS X Lion and above are already 64-bit capable, which enables leveraging of more than 4GB of RAM. If you intend to work on big projects, you can just add some RAM and you will start seeing the benefits of the 64-bits support.
To determine if you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of OS X, open a Terminal and type: uname -a
If you want to run OSX using 64 bits kernel, hold 6 and 4 keys during startup.
How do I get a trial version?
You can download trial versions from the Download Center.
Are the trial versions limited in time or features?
The trial versions are not limited in time nor in features, but the results will be watermarked, and certain files encrypted.
The few limitations in the trial versions are:
- Autopano Pro/Giga:
- Rendered images are watermarked.
- Export to Panotools: the control points are only partially exported.
- Saving the project (as a .pano): Control points and Masking points are not saved in the demo projects, only the placement of the images is retained.
- Neutralhazer Light is limited to 3 images (Autopano Giga).
- Panotour Std/Pro:
- Built virtual tours are watermarked.
- XML is crypted, so you cannot edit the tour's generated files afterwards.
- Autopano Video Std/Pro:
- Rendered videos are watermarked.
- Video output is limited to 30 seconds.
- Images are watermarked.
Are there resources available to help me evaluate the trial software?
You have access to the entire documentation, that includes text and . You can also feel free to post on our (creating a forum account is quick and free) where you can contact the Kolor Team in case you have specific questions.
How do I convert my trial to a full version of the product?
You don't need to install the application again. You just need to unlock the trial version with a registration key that you can purchase on the. You will then receive your license key by e-mail and you just need to copy and paste it into the software.
Will I receive a CD-ROM ?
No. All our software applications are to be downloaded. This enables you to download an update as soon as it is released on our website and therefore always have up-to-date software.
Should you want to keep a copy on a CD-ROM, feel free to burn the latest version of the installer file that you can find on the Download Center.
Can I install the application on several computers ?
Our licenses are single-station licenses, i.e. you can only install the application on one computer. However, Kolor tolerates the installation of the applications on several computers for individuals and self-employed persons insofar as you are the only user of the application on these computers.
What if I change my computer or operating system ?
You don't need to buy a new license, you just have to download and reinstall the software, and use the registration key you received when you purchased the application.
If you change your operating system (for example, if you move from Windows to Mac OS), you can use the same registration key. When you buy the program, you are asked to specify your operating system only for statistic purposes.
If you lost your registration key, you can retrieve it at any time on your User Account.
Do you offer Education pricing ?
Kolor is committed to promoting the potential of panoramic photography to the most people possible. In this effort, Kolor offers special prices for students, teachers and schools. Refer to the.
Do you offer volume pricing ?
Yes. You can find the volume pricing on some product pages of the
How can I get a full license ?
You can purchase a full license on the. As soon as your payment is confirmed (it is immediate for the majority of card or Paypal payments), you will receive will your license key by e-mail and you can use it immediately.
Do you offer temporary licenses (monthly, weekly..)?
Unfortunately, no. We only offer full licenses at this time.
Are there any time limits to your licenses?
No. Once you've purchased a license, you can use it as long as you want. The only time you will need to purchase another license is if you wish to upgrade to the latest major version.
How do I upgrade my license to the latest version?
In your User Account, under the "My Upgrades" tab.
I've changed e-mail address, how do I update my licence's username?
You can't, our licences can not be modified.
If you update your e-mail in your User Account, then any future licence purchased will use the current e-mail of your account.
Do I need an extra license to use my projects commercially?
No, once you've purchased a license you can do whatever you want with the content you create.
I bought your software but it isn't what I was looking for, can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, no. Since we offer full versions of our software to trial, with no limitations in time or functionality, with only a watermark on the end product, we can not refund your purchase of a license. This is also mentioned in our.
Can I modify my license login?
Unfortunately not. Once a license has generated it can't be modified.
If you update your e-mail in your User Account, then any future license purchased will use the new e-mail as a login.
Can I resell/give away my license?
Licenses are non-transferable. You can not give away or resell your personal license. If you are interested in reselling our solutions, please contact us at reseller[at]kolor.com
Updates and upgrades
Are the bug fixes free?
Yes. All bug fixes of a main version are free, they are minor updates. For example: version 2.1.3 to version 2.2 is a minor update with bug fixes.
What is the update and upgrade policy?
All minor updates are free (example: version 2.0 to version 2.1).
Major updates (example: version 1 to version 2) are paid upgrades and the upgrade price is generally a third of the standard software price, but these major upgrades can be free if you purchased the previous version around the date of release of the new major version (the date at which point the free upgrade becomes possible is announced before the release, if you are uncertain, contact us at contact(at)kolor.com).
You can find our update and upgrade prices here.
What if I want to upgrade from the standard version to the pro version?
You can upgrade from the standard version to the pro version at any time and you only need to pay the price difference between both applications (+ the update price if a new major version is available).
You can therefore begin with Panotour Standard, for example, and then upgrade to Panotour Pro when you are ready for it. You will find your upgrade possibilities in your User Account.