Autopano Video - Main Interface
- 1 Toolbar
- 1.1 Open project (.kava)
- 1.2 Save project (.kava)
- 1.3 Undo/Redo and History overview
- 1.4 Synchronize your videos
- 1.5 Stitch your videos
- 1.6 Stabilize your video
- 1.7 Make color correction to your video
- 1.8 Compute parallax compensation
- 1.9 Blending presets
- 1.10 Stereo mode
- 1.11 Render tool and Batch render tools
- 2 Input videos
- 3 Realtime Preview
- 4 Timeline
The main window is the only interface for Autopano Video, enabling feed of completed work, importing source videos to final output; divided into 4 areas (customizable):
You have now the possibility to choose which window(s) to display within the interface using the Video views menu and window controls in the top left corner of the windows, attach/detach them from the main window interface () to move them to a second screen, etc. To sum up, you can completely revamp the organization to match what you want.
- Show Input videos
- Show Realtime preview
- Show Timeline
- Show Tools
The main change is a historical overview of the actions carried out. You can now going back to a previous action very easily.
This icon allows you to load a project previously saved in .kava file format.
An interface has been added to help you relink videos that are missing when opening a kava file.
This icon allows you to save the current project in .kava file format.
Lets you to undo or reset the editing actions.
The History dialogue box views all of the steps carried out since the creation of the project.
This icon allows you to synchronize your videos using audio or motion.
This icon allows you to stitch your videos once synchronized.
This icon allows you to compute stabilization on your videos (if needed).
This icon allows you to make some color corrections to your videos, manually or automatically.
This icon allows you to compute parallax compensation to your video by using 2 presets (prioritize space or time)
This icon allows you to choose a blending preset, according to your needs.
This icon allows you to create stereo content.
Render tool and Batch render tools
These icons allows you to select render options and add each project to the batch renderer (this will allow you to launch all the renderings at a later time if you whish).
This section of the interface lets you import videos and displays all source videos imported into Autopano Video.
Every video here contains its own playing interface. It is possible to play every video independently, adjust audio volume, etc.
The actions possible in this window do not affect any of the rest of the process.
Importing videos can be done in several ways:
- From the File/Import Video menu
- Slide/Drop videos directly into the window
- Importing requires selection of all videos, so it is not possible to import videos one by one.
- If panoramas are loaded and do not concern the same videos, they will be automatically removed from the Panorama Preview area.
Option available on the bottom of the window are related to all the videos imported there:
- Update with timeline: if unchecked you can move along the timeline without moving the source. This can be useful on Macs where source seeking can be slow.
The video stitching preview shows the result of the stitching made previously in Autopano (Pro or Giga) and to start playing it.
Viewing does not allow 360° navigation and uses the projection defined in Autopano (Pro or Giga).
With the new integrated editor, you can now straitghten the horizon directly in the preview window without the need of Autopano Pro or Giga
and also, change the projection. That being said, we recommend to have Autopano Giga if you need to remove ghosts, add control points to increase the stitching quality (parallax).
Buttons available on the bottom of the window are related to all the videos imported there:
- Edit button: Edit the reference panorama in Autopano Giga (you must own a license)
- Update with timeline: if unchecked you can move along the timeline without moving realtime preview videos
- Display camera positions (as shown in the screenshot above)
- Display a grid to help you straighten the horizon
- Display stitching lines Display the frontiers between your cameras
- Resolution scrolling menu: lets you change the resolution of the video displayed
- You can now preview the 360 video you’re working on in GoPro VR Player (compatible with the Oculus and HTC Vive) .
In order to display the preview, launch the player, go to Preferences, in Advanced tab, tick "Shared memory"
- In Authoring mode, you can switch to another projection (Spherical to Little planet for instance) and the ratio (2:1 to 4:3, 16:9 or 1:1)
The timeline is the navigation tool used for most features.
Number values are defined in hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds or in frame.
Cursors are moved using the mouse.
To see the details concerning the timeline : Autopano Video timeline.