Autopano Video - How to create 3D 360 videos
This tutorial explains how to create a 3D 360 video.
The idea is to create one video for left eye and one video for right eye. After, we just have to merge the two videos in one.
The 3D 360 video can be watched with and Oculus Rift device.
The solutions used to create this tutorial are:
- Autopano Video Pro 1.5.0
- Autopano Giga 3.5.0
CREATE LEFT AND RIGHT VIDEO
Consider having 6 pairs of videos. To simplify the workflow, rename the 12 videos in your workspace as follow : 1_left.mp4, 1_right.mp4, ... , 6_left.mp4, 6_right.mp4.
- Drop the 12 videos and make an audio or motion synchronization.
- Stitch as GoPro (it generates 12 tiffs in the workspace).
- Edit (it opens Autopano and create a .pano file in the workspace).
NOTE : the created .pano file is a temporary file.
- Drop the 12 tiffs generated by Autopano Video.
- Select the 12 tiffs => right click => create stacks by N... => number of pictures per stack : 2.
- Modify group settings => Detection :
- Quality of detection : "High"
- Detect links in : "All stack levels"
- For a stack : "Use hard links"
- Modify preview Cutting Iso => Apply
- Modify crop Full sphere Apply
- Save the pano to apply modifications in Autopano Video.
WARNING : this saved pano has to replace the temporary .pano file (in the workspace).
- Now you have one layer per eye (you can rename the layers), you just have to check the layer you want to render and save the pano to apply it in Autopano Video.
- Check only one of the two layers, for example "left", in order to work on one eye. Don't forget to save pano file to apply modifications in Autopano Video.
- Work on the video as usual...
- Render the video, name the video "left.mp4". So now you have the video for left eye.
- uncheck "left" layer and check "right" layer. Save pano file to apply modifications in Autopano Video.
- Render the video, name the video "right.mp4". So now you have the video for right eye.
MERGE THE TWO VIDEOS
You can use a tool like ffmpeg (http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html) to merge the videos in one.
Here is the command line to have a video with left eye on top and right eye on bottom :
- ffmpeg -i left.mp4 -vf "[in] pad=iw:2*ih [left]; movie=right.mp4 [right];[left][right] overlay=0:main_h/2 [out]" output.mp4
Video Side by Side
Here is the command line to have a video with left eye on left and right eye on right :
- ffmpeg -i left.mp4 -vf "[in] pad=2*iw:ih [left]; movie=right.mp4 [right];[left][right] overlay=main_w/2:0 [out]" output.mp4
Use Kolor Eyes Desktop and an Oculus Rift device to watch the result.