Autopano Video - GoPro Omni Importer
GoPro Omni FAQ
Read the GoPro Omni Frequently Asked Questions here or download the FAQ in the link below.
Download the FAQ here: GoPro Omni FAQ
How does Omni Importer work?
The GoPro Omni Importer (automatically installed with Autopano Video Pro v2.5 and below, if enabled with the checkbox) is a standalone application specifically designed to support Omni. You now have access to a preferences window which allows you to set your default settings.
Once added in the GoPro Omni Importer, you will get a preview of your 360°/spherical video(s), AND ALSO still images, photo timelapse, burst and nightlapse.
GoPro Omni Importer expects that files are still on SD Cards, however is it possible to locate files already offloaded on hdd. In this case, you have to choose a directory where are put 6 directories (called CAM1, CAM2, ..., CAM6), each directory must contain the full DCIM directory imported from the GoPro's.
You can play and/or re-name the video title directly in the preview window (just click on the title and edit).
You now have the possibility to display all the files or filtered by capture type.
Starred shots will let you select the sequences you want to work on by clicking on the little star, and then display only those shots, improving professional workflows.
Horizon straightening and "flip video" feature
When Omni is static, and mounted on a pole, the Importer automatically straightens the horizon. As there are two fixing position, a "flip video" button can be reached next to the player bar.
3 options are available for your footages:
- None: no stabilization is applied or calculated
- Software: compensation for low and high frequencies vibrations is enabled
- Disabled or Enabled panorama rotation as shown above
- COLOR HARMONIZATION
- None: no color correction is applied or calculated
- Every 1s: color correction is calculated every second
- Every 5s: color correction is calculated every 5 seconds
- Every 10s: color correction is calculated every 10 seconds
- Project only: perform the stitch and create the .kava file only
- 2K - h264: you can render your video file(s) directly using this output type
- 4K - h264: you can render your video file(s) directly using this output type
- Full resolution - Cineform 422 high: you can render your video file(s) directly using this output type
The chosen options are affected to the selected footages (multi selection is allowed) and dedicated icons overlay the content.
Now the importer can stitch the files into one single 360°/spherical video, compute the color correction/stabilization/render quality and copy the files to a selected folder.
For that trim each sequence, select those to be processed, and then push the button.
Rendered video files and the .kava project file can be opened in Autopano Video Pro for further adjustments and fine tuning.