Autopano Video - 3.0 - new features
AV 3.0 RC1 (July 18, 2017)
This is the first Release Candidate version of AV 3 which comes with a new logo. Also, noticed that Autopano Video and Autopano Video Pro are now a single software, Autopano Video.
BE AWARE that this new version can only be registered with an Autopano Video 3.0 license key, to learn more on how to obtain such license key please read our FAQ.
During the release candidate phase - before we publish the final AV 3.0 version - all licenses purchased on our store or from one of our resellers will grant access to both Autopano Video Pro 2.6 and Autopano Video 3.0.
Our video stitching software is packed with D.WARP not only compatible with Omni but with any RIG with 3 or more cameras, timecode support, GoPro VR preview, Nuke support, CUDA acceleration (see below for details), the possibility to display frontiers between cameras into the preview window, a lot of bug fixes / optimizations and some UI changes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you've lost your license key, you can retrieve it at any time from your account.
Autopano Video new features
We added some very cool new features on Autopano Video. Here's a detailed list of the new features.
- D.WARP for OMNI: D.WARP technology, which was originally developed for the GoPro Omni RIG to offer a new way to stitch footage, is now available for many different RIGs, and will dramatically reduce the need for post-processing. Just click on the D.WARP button and many stitching errors due to parallax will be removed. It works for both static and moving shots (only compatible with ISO Cutting blending mode)!:
- the geometry is known
- the camera position cannot change
- the synchronization is perfect
- the overlap between the cameras is large enough
All these points are required to focus mostly on the parallax compensation that D.WARP offers. Applying the D.WARP should be the last step of your workflow. Have at look at this quick tip video to learn more about D.WARP.
From AVP 3.0 BETA 1, D.WARP is now compatible with camera RIGs with 3 to more cameras like Freedom360 Classic Mount, 360RIZE H3PRO6, 360 RIZE H3PRO7 and Z CAM S1 we tested and approved! Make a try with your configuration!
Our aim is to make D.WARP compatible with a lot of different RIGs.
You can choose between 3 D.WARP Presets (See D.WARP tool and our FAQ for further details),
Finally, some major improvements like NVidia GPU acceleration using CUDA on Windows and frontiers that can be displayed directly into the preview window.
- Timecode support: This new version supports timecode that allows videos from any genlocked rig to be directly imported into Autopano Video without the need to synchronize the videos again. On the export side of things, you can either choose your start time in the render box or pass-through the source timecodes. The burn-in function will also help you work with proxy files in post-processing. This feature works with solutions offered by 3d-party companies like Timecode Systems, and results to a faster and more precise workflow.
- GoPro VR live preview: You can now preview the 360 video you’re working on in GoPro VR player, our free MacOS / Windows VR player. GoPro VR player is compatible with the Oculus and HTC Vive and will allow you to preview your footage in a VR headset without exporting your video or leaving Autopano Video! Details here
- Frictionless Nuke / Autopano Video workflow: Whenever a user imports an Autopano Video project into Nuke, their nodes will be created automatically, providing a seamless workflow they can immediately apply to Cara VR. With a robust bridge between the two apps, Foundry and GoPro customers can access the right tool for the job, at every stage of their workflow.
- New batch renderer: We are still improving the new batch renderer. You are now able to change the settings of a project directly into the batch render list without opening it, you can open the directory or the file rendered with a right-click and and you are also able to reorganize your rendering list. We also added the possibility to export individually each camera warped on the sphere. This will allow you to work in a post-processing software very easily. Click here for further details.
- CUDA acceleration (NVidia GPU): This is a major improvements for Autopano Video 3. If you are running under Windows with a recent NVidia GPU and up-to-date drivers you can enjoy a 5x gain in terms of performances for the preview and 3x for the rendering with AV3 RC1.
For now this feature is not compatible with every AV feature: stereo, masking markers, timecode burn-in, watermarks, patches, etc. When you are doing something unsupported by CUDA the software will automatically fall back to the old mode: OpenGL. You can always see which mode is currently used by look a the top of the preview: Realtime preview - OpenGL or CUDA. Please also note that the CUDA accelerations have just been enabled for 2 or 6 cameras, we will be testing other setups and add the support as soon as possible.
The software capabilities will highly depend on your NVidia card and driver versions. We recommend using at least a GTX 760. For now 4K UHD inputs are not supported.
The audio output is not implemented in the CUDA mode, we will work on that as soon as possible, by this time you can always add it in post production. Make sure to take a look at the know issues section at the end of the change log.
See the section of the documentation for more details.
- Display frontiers: The BETA 1 version allows you to display the frontiers between your cameras directly into the preview. We added a small icon for that under the preview.
AV3 RC1 Known Issues: - [ALPS-1488] : [BUG] Cannot save project after calculating a long D.WARP (crash)
- [ALPS-1484] : [BUG] MacOS : DWARP crashes in CPU mode
- [ALPS-1483] : [BUG] DWARP crashes on Imac late 2015 (GeForce GT 650 M)
- [ALPS-1377] : [BUG] Crashes in rigs where there is a too much overlap (3D rigs)
- [ALPS-1363] : [BUG] Stereo mode not compatible with CUDA
- [ALPS-1362] : [BUG] Timecode burn-in not compatible with CUDA
- [ALPS-1361] : [BUG] No Audio output with CUDA
- [ALPS-1360] : [BUG] CUDA not compatible with 4K UHD inputs
- [ALPS-1359] : [BUG] CUDA rendering widths must be multiple of 128
AVP 2 vs AV 3 features comparison
See the full changelog here and stay tuned for future updates.
BACK TO: Autopano Video Documentation