Autopano - Main Window - Toolbar
This icon allows you to browse a folder and extract all the images before sorting them in groups.
During a shooting, the camera attributes the EXIF data to each picture.
This data contains information such as the focal length, aperture, the date and time of shooting, the brand and model of the camera, etc.
Generally, there is a time span of a few seconds between the pictures and composition of a panorama.
A picture isolated in time does not belong to a panorama.
Autopano will therefore combine images based on the date and time of shooting in using the moments when there are no pictures as a delimiter between two groups.
When you start analyzing a folder, Autopano gathers all the images in it, recognizes the images belonging to the same panorama and groups them.
In case Autopano cannot detect the right amount of panoramas after you dropped all the images from multiple panoramas (composed with the same number of pictures), you have now the possibility to set the number of pictures (stacked or not) per panorama:
To do so, click the Browse folder icon, set the Average number of images per panorama, set the Maximum time-lapse (sec.) to 0 (zero), then click OK
Expl: In the screenshot below, if you have multiple panoramas composed of 12 pictures each
Recurse into subfolders
Average number of images
Maximum time lapse
Don't mix landscape and portrait
Group by focal
Creation of groups
The groups are created based on 2 values: Average number of images and Maximum time lapse
- Autopano considers that all the selected file images form one group. The images are classified by shooting date (the EXIF shooting date) in ascending order.
- The algorithm then searches for the largest time gap between 2 consecutive images.
- If this gap is already lower than the 'Maximum time lapse, the algorithm stops because it means that all images were each taken with a gap lower than the Maximum time lapse.
- If this gap exceeds our Maximum time lapse limit, it divides this group into 2.
- The algorithm continues to divide the groups until the image number limit reaches the Average number of images.
Examples of use:
- Average number of images = 1 and Maximum time lapse = 10
- The groups that do not have images will be separated by a maximum of 10 seconds. Groups with one picture can exist.
- Average number of images = 1000 and Maximum time lapse = 10
- Groups may have approximately 1000 pictures each but the time gap between the images is not guaranteed to be 10 seconds for each group.
This icon allows you to import images into Autopano by directly clicking them.
The selected images will be placed in the same group.
Click on this button to open the Import Wizard.
This module is also accessible via the menu (File/Import...)
This icon opens the Batch Rendering menu.
Click on this icon to activate this tool. Then click on the icon of your choice to view information about its use.