Stitching disarray  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
zeller

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Stitching disarray

by zeller » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello,

I have made the jump from hardware stitching in a Ricoh Theta to software stitching in Autopano Giga using images from a GoPro Omni. Most of my images stitch properly. All I need to do is adjust the center, straighten, etc. But a few rendered 360s show notable problems in the stitching. If you look at the attached file of a small chapel, you will see that the top of the confessional partition (to the right of the center point) is poorly stitched. The door is also not stitched properly.

I have tried introducing manual control points, but when I do so the render is no better, and the software reports poorer stitching quality than it had before (going from a green to yellow flag). I attach a screen snapshot of my attempts to add manual points (#67-70) to correct the problem with the stitching of the confessional partition.

Does anyone have any advice?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.20.16 AM.png
Screen snapshot
PHOTO 3_0002.jpg
Rendered 360

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

Re: Stitching disarray

by olivierbo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 am

Hello,

You can't avoid parallax issues using that kind of RIG, especially on close objects. In your case, you also have homogeneous areas with a lack of details.
Have you tried to increase detection quality, add manual control points (pixel accuracy). Have you also tried to use Omni importer then export to Autopano ?

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
zeller

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Stitching disarray

by zeller » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks, Olivier, for your response. I am using the Omni importer, yes. I did try manual control points, but they didn't help. I'll try to increase detection quality too. But at this point I wonder if my best option isn't to either reshoot with the dual-fisheye Ricoh, or try to fix it in Photoshop.

olivierbo wrote:Hello,

You can't avoid parallax issues using that kind of RIG, especially on close objects. In your case, you also have homogeneous areas with a lack of details.
Have you tried to increase detection quality, add manual control points (pixel accuracy). Have you also tried to use Omni importer then export to Autopano ?

Kind regards,
Olivier