Resolution troubles  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Hypilein

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Resolution troubles

by Hypilein » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:43 pm

I am still a trial user trying to figure out whether it's worth buying Autopano, as I have following problem.

I already use PTGUI and I am very happy with the results, if it gives me any. However, it seems to often have trouble finding control points. In a move of desperation I tried AutoPano and it immediately stitched everything to my liking. However, here comes the problem.

When I render a Pano (that works in PTGUI) I get much higher resolution output than in AutoPano. For Example one "little Planet" aerial (shot with the Mavic Air) gave me a ca. 20000x20000 Pixels output in PTGUI but the 100% output resolution of AutoPano is only about 5000x5000 Pixels. Considering I shoot Panos primarily to increase the shoddy resolution of my drone this is unacceptable. I can't really imagine that a 200€ software would give such a bad result, so what am I doing wrong?

I'm running on a MacBook Pro with 2,8 Ghz i5 and 8GB RAM. Hope you can help me out, because I've got some really nice Panos that won't stitch in PTGui, but I'm not forking that much money for the low resolution output I'm getting out of AutoPano right now.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Resolution troubles

by mediavets » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Without experimenting with your source images I wouldn't know what the issue might be.

no avatar
Hypilein

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Resolution troubles

by Hypilein » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:38 am

Sorry for taking a while. Here is the link with my results and original files. It's not of great artistic merit, but should serve the purpose. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uihkgymjv7cl ... WRWva?dl=0