AVP fisheye/sphere output wrong resolution vs APG  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ArcticLight2

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

AVP fisheye/sphere output wrong resolution vs APG

by ArcticLight2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am

Hi,

I am working on putting together a multi cam rig for full-dome video.

So I will need to render a spherical video for dome (360x180 degree), meaning 1:1 fisheye projection.
I need video to be highest possible resolution, from 4K x 4K or even up to 8K x 8K.

When I bring the video from AVP into APG to improve the stitching I can get one resolution, eg 5496 x 5496, but when I finish the stitchin in APG and go back into AVP to render out the video, I get a completely different resolution.
In this case I get eg 9474 x 9474. Now I am thinking maybe AVP displays the resolution for a complete 360 x 360 spehere, but if I render out the square image/video, the resolution is from AVP indeed 9474 x 9474. And if the resolution from AVP was for a full 360 VR 360x360 sphere then resoution from this should be 10992 x 10992. (5496 is not half resolution of 9474..)

But this cannot be right! I The video/image/pano cannot for real be 9474 x 9474 as reported by AVP. The resolution in APG should be the correct one.

Also if I change the vertical FOV of the fisheye projection in APG, eg from 180 to 200 degrees, the resolution will increase. But the increased / changed resolution is not changed in AVP at all even if making these changes in APG.

Why is this happening? How can I get AVP to render the correct resolution? (In this case 5496 x 5496)

See attached screenshots from AVP and APG from same stitch/pano, yielding different resolution.

Running trial version of AVP until I know I can get the resolution correct.

Thanks
ArticLight
Attachments
AVP output.JPG
APG Output.JPG

no avatar
SoenkeW

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: AVP fisheye/sphere output wrong resolution vs APG

by SoenkeW » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am

First of all, please check if you have specified output sizes in the program settings for export... If you have so, these values will be applied, whatever the actual size of the video is. But you can set it to the correct values in AVP manually.

Second, I would prefer exporting a 360x180 equirectangular video from AVP (even if most of the lower half is black) and convert it to fulldome in After effects. This way you don't have to bother with Authoring function of AVP, plus you have additional information to work with compression and animation of tilt...

Best regards,

Sönke

ArcticLight2 likes this post.