Change path for already created stitch  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
billseifert

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Change path for already created stitch

by billseifert » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 pm

I've taken 4000 photos on my last trip. To save time, I worked autopano pro on my laptop at the end of each day. When I get home, I transfer the files to my desktop PC. Everything is fine, except when I edit and save the stitched photo, autopano pro continues to want to save it on a path that only works for my laptop, not the path I have for those same files and folder on my desktop.

How do I change my 750 stitched photo files, copied from my laptop, to take on the new path on my PC? No matter what I try, it will not update the file such that the edited .pano file this time saves to the proper new folder in my PC?

Bill

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

Re: Change path for already created stitch

by olivierbo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Hello,

If you cannot recreate the same folder path on your desktop, either you modify the path into your .pano or your change the folder path when Autopano ask for the pictures, then save the .pano for the changes to be saved.

Hope this can help.

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
billseifert

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by billseifert » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 am

But I've already populated the right side of autopano pro with like 700 stitched photos (transferred from laptop to PC), but now I need to go back to adjust most of them. The left side will create the appropriately numbered source groups of photos for those stitched photos. But when I edit those stitches and then save each, the path auto-fills with the laptop path, not the path where I retrieved them from the new place on my PC. Sure, I can overwrite with the new path before I save, but I'll have to do it 700 times! Is there no way to tell autopano to change ALL the stitched photos their new path on the PC? This is torture!

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 40 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am

Hello,
Who has not had such faults any time?
In cases like this (and also in cases where I have renamed the images after creating the .pano file) I use a program that searches inside the files a specific text string and replaces it (in batch mode) in all files of the type indicated within a folder (and / or its subfolders)
My environment is Windows, but it sure will be equivalent for OS or Linux.
I own "Search and Replace" (https://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm) and it has solved the problem perfectly.
Surely it should be possible to find some freeware application that can do the same job.
You can also try to send me the .pano files, with the indications of which is the string to be substituted and which one the substitute, and I will try to do this for you.
If I can be useful for you, you can contact PM or email.
Greetings,
Jordi
Experimentation is the funniest way to learn, to ask the fastest
jordi.panoram1x[at]gmail[dot]com