Batch stitching of a timelapse  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Oak Seed Studio

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Batch stitching of a timelapse

by Oak Seed Studio » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi everybody I have to create a panoramic timelapse, but I have serious problems stitching every group of images in the same way.
I shot this way:
4 cameras Nikon D800 with 14-24 f/2,8 lenses, on heavy tripods each one looking in opposite direction (ex: camera n°1 looking at north, n°2 east, n°3 south and n°4 west) I know 4 cameras are very few but at 14mm I have at least 10° of overlapping on each side of the pictures.. Cameras were placed on the top of a skyscraper, each one on a side of the building, it was impossible to place them close together, but the different point of view is not a big problem: the building was so high that everything is really distant and Autopano Giga compensate pretty well.
Cameras were synchronized to shoot every 45" all together, so grouping images is really easy and Autopano Giga recognize them perfectly.
I made some attempts of stitching with the first group of images and finally I got a pretty good panorama, then I saved the project. (Note: the 14-24 lens is rectilinear but best results come setting lens as "fisheye".)

Now I have to import all of the 125 groups (each composed by 4 images) to stitch exactly in the same way, with the same masking, control points and color correction, but when detection starts I get a different result from every group! Often panoramas are total mistakes.
How can I force the software to do the same stitching avoiding the automatic detection for each group ?

Thank you

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

Re: Batch stitching of a timelapse

by olivierbo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 am

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you can force Autopano to always use the same number of images by panorama with the Browse menu: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... wse_folder

Let me know if it helps.

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
Oak Seed Studio

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Batch stitching of a timelapse

by Oak Seed Studio » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am

When I open the folder with all the files Autopano separates perfectly the groups, getting the right pictures: what is strange is that when I run detection, results are different for every group. Sometimes stitching is similar but not the same, sometimes is a total failure, and every panorama has different pixel size.
I tried to create a template from a good panorama but it doesn't work.