Stacks do not align even when checking "Use hard links"  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mattp

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Stacks do not align even when checking "Use hard links"

by mattp » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:14 am

I am trying to render three exposure bracketed stacks for manual blending in Photoshop. They were shot on a tripod, so each set of three exposures is perfectly aligned. Each stack stitches fine by itself, but when I render the three stacks, the stitching is off slightly between the three layers. The preview in Autopano Giga looks fine, however. Under Detection Settings, I checked "Use hard links", which I thought was supposed to fix this issue. How can I get three perfectly aligned bracketed panoramas?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

Re: Stacks do not align even when checking "Use hard links"

by olivierbo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am

Hello,

Can you add some screenshots of the problem and/or share or send your footage? Did you apply any blending?

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
mattp

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Stacks do not align even when checking "Use hard links"

by mattp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:28 pm

I am attaching a few screenshots to help illustrate my problem:

1a, 1b, 1c) Detail of mid, dark, and light pano merge in Autopano Giga before rendering (these align perfectly)

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

2a, 2b, 2c) Detail of mid, dark, and light layers in exported PSD (these do not align perfectly)

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

2c.jpg

It might be necessary to open these screenshots as layers in Photoshop so you can see how they do not align.

I am not trying to do an HDR blend from Autopano Giga. I just want the mid, dark, and light layers in a PSD so I can manually blend the different exposures in Photoshop.

Thanks for your help.