Suddenly unable to load images in Panotour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Suddenly unable to load images in Panotour

by matthijs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi, after months of hosting panotours in our domain - since yesterday suddenly all tours get error messages:
- ERROR: 'loading of indexdata/.........jpg' failed.

Our clients are already complaining and we can't find the root cause - hope somebody can help out1

Please have a look at http://3d.casa/360/llanoreal/ or http://3d.casa/360/puntamita/

Nothing was changed - our host provider also confirmed nothing was changed on the server side.

Google Developer Tools clearly shows it tries to load images from a folder but get's an empty or CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH response:
GET http://3d.casa/360/llanoreal/indexdata/ ... /2/1_5.jpg net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Accessing the url of the picture works absolutely fine.

Hope somebody can help me! Thanks!!

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 442 posts
Info

Re: Suddenly unable to load images in Panotour

by Annis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I'm not getting any loading errors.

Could it be a cache issue?

no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Info

by matthijs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Annis,

Thanks - as sudden as it came and was there for 2 days....it disappeared last evening (Colombia time). Good news, but impossible to find the root cause now. I kept the ticket open at the Hosting Provider for the coming few days to see if the issue returns, I suspect it was a server issue (and maybe they fixed something without telling me).

In your experience, did you hear about server (mis)configurations/issues where the Panotour is unable to load images?

Annis likes this post.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Generally what can cause this error to pop up is an issue in upload (corrupted images), file permissions once on the server (can't be viewed publicly) or only a partial upload so those files are actually missing.

Once it's all up and working and to suddenly not work though, I'm not sure.
The only thing I can think of is maybe your client tried to view the tour while it wasn't finished uploading, so those files were missing, and the browser cached it like that. Once they viewed again even though the files had finished uploading, they were viewing the cached non complete version.

no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Info

by matthijs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Annis, the tours were running for months and nothing changed so it is not related to a partial upload. In Google Developer Tools I could see many images in the Indexdata folder were loading fine, but others were unable to load, or loaded partially. When I loaded these images separately in the browser they loaded fine so were well accessible from the browser. Looks like some server communication issue or something...just hope it doesn't happen again as all our clients were impacted as we host the tours for them.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm

How long does the tour take to load for your client? If it took too long to load maybe the player timed out or the connection was lost so those images couldn't be loaded.

no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Info

by matthijs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:06 pm

It was not only for the client, everybody who accessed the tour had the same issue - even with superfast internet connections. As the files of the tour didn't change and are working fine again now, I suspect it was some sort of temporary server issue of our host.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Curious. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas so it must have been the temporary hosting server issue.

no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Info

by matthijs » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi, the issue returned!! All pages keep on trowing errors and clients impacted again: http://3d.casa/aite_ecohotel/

Pls have a look and let me know if you have any suggestions

no avatar
matthijs

Topic author
Info

by matthijs » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 pm

Interesting....on the same domain we have Wordpress running with around 80 pages with Matterport showcases. When the hosting provider who were looking into the issue screwed up all Wordpress pages, the panotours were working fine again. Anybody heard of a conflict within a domain/server which causes the panotour to not being able to access the folders with the images?

no avatar
mannixlo

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by mannixlo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:15 am

Hi, I got the same problem too.

Error message got after issue occurred:
INFO: krpano 1.19-pr16 (build 2018-04-04)
INFO: Android 7.0 (SM-G930F) - Chrome 66.0 - WebGL
INFO: Panotour Pro V1.5.11 64 bits
INFO: Registered to: (my account)
ERROR: hotspot[spotpoint47] - loading of 'indexdata/spots/hotspot_video_sequence_user_defaultpoint6.png' failed!

I got the problem not only on mobile but also on different PCs, Macs with different IP address.

And I found that I can't visit the domain any more after the problem occurred because of "IP blocked" by server side!!!

I checked with service provider, their replied like that:
"Our IDS blocked your IP because there too many connections from the same ip at the same time.
Please note that the connection tracking is in place, it is a system-wide protection against basic DDOS attack."

Sometimes captcha challenge (I'm not a robot page) will be pop up and I can check this. After that, all go smooth and no error. However, captcha challenge will not always pop up. Then, the IP blocked and need to wait for auto release...

I would like to know is there any requirement for the web service provider for Panotour pro? e.g. minimum connections required. Service provider told me the no. of connections is over 200 at the same time!