Floor Plan Problem. Help Please   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
SBV360VR

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Floor Plan Problem. Help Please

by SBV360VR » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 am

Hey Guys.

I am new to PTP and would like some help. I am building a tour ( it has a lot of things to do like fixing nadir, mirror reflex etc. ) and using Floor Plan and Side Bar Plugin. When I run the Tour on a Desktop, everything is ok but when I try to visualize it on a mobile and click on the upper right button ( set to show the Floor Plan ), the floor plan is so small that I can't see anything, only the hotspots I created.

How can I increase size for the Floor Plan for mobile ?

The tour is hosted at - http://droneschoolbr.hospedagemdesites. ... do-01.html

Thanks

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Floor Plan Problem. Help Please  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

You can create a second interface with different plugins/settings for mobile by follwoing this tutorial: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... ic_devices

By the way, the image you used for your logo in the top left corner is GIGANTIC, and unless you want to make devices crash, you should resize it.
Never, ever, use such gigantic images on the web if you're just going to resize them afterwards. If your image is going to be resized, use that size from the get-go.
Same for any other images you're using. Check your sizes, and resize them to use more reasonable sizes.

SBV360VR

Topic author
Info

Re: Floor Plan Problem. Help Please

by SBV360VR » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Annis wrote:By the way, the image you used for your logo in the top left corner is GIGANTIC, and unless you want to make devices crash, you should resize it.
Never, ever, use such gigantic images on the web if you're just going to resize them afterwards. If your image is going to be resized, use that size from the get-go.
Same for any other images you're using. Check your sizes, and resize them to use more reasonable sizes.

Thanks one more time for your help.

Regarding image size, what should be the optimal panorama picture size to run in panotour ?

SBV360VR

Topic author
Info

by SBV360VR » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Annis wrote:You can create a second interface with different plugins/settings for mobile by follwoing this tutorial: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... ic_devices

I updated the tour to http://droneschoolbr.hospedagemdesites. ... index.html

I am using a second interface but having some problems.
It run perfectly on desktop, and in some cell phones ( android devices and iphone 6 - 6S and 7 ) but when I try to run it on Iphone 6+, 6S+ and 7+ it runs with tablet setting.

I am doing some more tests and try to fix this problem by find a layout that fits tablet and Iphone 6+, 6S+ and 7+

Any ideias on what might be wrong ?

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:02 am

SBV360VR wrote:
Annis wrote:By the way, the image you used for your logo in the top left corner is GIGANTIC, and unless you want to make devices crash, you should resize it.

Thanks one more time for your help.

Regarding image size, what should be the optimal panorama picture size to run in panotour ?

I'm not talking about the panorama size, that is of little importance since your scenes are cut down into tiles to load faster and more efficiently. Images in your interface, like the logo, are not.
Instead of using a logo that is 4500x3200px and displaying it in the interface at 300x150 (sizes made up) use the image in those dimensions directly, or a tad bigger if needed but not ten times bigger or more, which is just a recipe for disaster and crashing mobiles.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:10 am

SBV360VR wrote:I updated the tour to http://droneschoolbr.hospedagemdesites. ... index.html

I am using a second interface but having some problems.
It run perfectly on desktop, and in some cell phones ( android devices and iphone 6 - 6S and 7 ) but when I try to run it on Iphone 6+, 6S+ and 7+ it runs with tablet setting.

I am doing some more tests and try to fix this problem by find a layout that fits tablet and Iphone 6+, 6S+ and 7+

Any ideias on what might be wrong ?

iPhones 6+, 6S+ and 7+ are being detected as tablets?

You could try setting a different devices code (maybe something like mobile|iphone but I haven't tested, I'm not a krpano developer) in your xml instead of the general mobile term, but I don't see anything in the krpano documentation that would indicate that 6+, 6S+ or 7+ would be detected as tablets.

SBV360VR

Topic author
Info

by SBV360VR » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Annis wrote:I'm not talking about the panorama size, that is of little importance since your scenes are cut down into tiles to load faster and more efficiently. Images in your interface, like the logo, are not.
Instead of using a logo that is 4500x3200px and displaying it in the interface at 300x150 (sizes made up) use the image in those dimensions directly, or a tad bigger if needed but not ten times bigger or more, which is just a recipe for disaster and crashing mobiles.

I have already changed the logo dimensions.

Thanks for your advice.

SBV360VR

Topic author
Info

by SBV360VR » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Annis wrote:You could try setting a different devices code (maybe something like mobile|iphone but I haven't tested, I'm not a krpano developer) in your xml instead of the general mobile term, but I don't see anything in the krpano documentation that would indicate that 6+, 6S+ or 7+ would be detected as tablets.

Sorry my mistake, it's was detected as mobiles.

I guess the problem has been solved.

Annis likes this post.