Panotour Incompatible Application  

Have a problem using Panotour Viewer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Panotour Viewer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé? Postez les ici.
no avatar
cmaddux1

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Incompatible Application

by cmaddux1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I work in IT at my job and have been tasked with installing Panotour Viewer on several computers. Roughly 23 computers I've had no issues, however, three of the computers will not run the program. It allows me to install but when trying to open it will not open. These computers meet the minimum requirements (2 GB Ram/32-bit system) but when troubleshooting the program, it tells me it is an incompatible application.

Has anyone else had this problem? The program is running on several 32 bit machines but these 3 will not even open the program.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Panotour Incompatible Application

by Annis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

What exactly are your steps to get the "incompatible program" message?
Does it appear as soon as you launch PTViewer? Does it appear when you try to input a file? If so which kind of file?

Panotour Viewer only reads .PTV files created with Panotour or Panotour Pro.

no avatar
cmaddux1

Topic author
Info

by cmaddux1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:02 pm

The program will not open at all. I right click on the application and select troubleshoot and go through troubleshooting steps. At the end of the trouble shooting it tells me it is an incompatible application. One of the computers is running the application now after updating a video driver, but there are still two computers that won't open the program. (Panotour Viewer - Free)

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:10 pm

The troubleshooting would be the default Windows troubleshooter.

Can you show me a screenshot of the first window that pops up when you try to launch PTViewer?

What's the OS of those computers?
Have you tried uninstalling PTViewer, restarting the computer, then redownloading and installing it?

no avatar
cmaddux1

Topic author
Info

by cmaddux1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:40 pm

Windows 7 Professional, 4GB RAM with 2.97GB useable. 32-bit operating system. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz on one of the computers. I can't screenshot because there is nothing to screenshot. The wheel spins briefly and nothing happens. The program never opens. I just tried uninstalling, restarting the computer and reinstalling and it is still not opening.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:25 pm

You said PanotourViewer did not work on only 3 platforms.
Have those ones the same environment as the platforms on which it works ?
Windows 7 Professional, 4GB RAM with 2.97GB useable. 32-bit operating system. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

I suppose you used the same downloaded installer for all platforms. Or did you download it on each platform ?

Gérald