Autopano is dead - or is it? No release schedule, no nothing  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Pany42

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Autopano is dead - or is it? No release schedule, no nothing

by Pany42 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:02 am

To anyone getting the idea of posting somehting about Autopano's Future in the "Autopano Future" forum: Don't bother, after the acquisition of Kolor the development seems to have stopped and I've seen no official dev or support reply here for ages. It's a pity, but there you are.

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/24098 ... cquisition
Last edited by Pany42 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
erikgraham

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Autopano is dead, don't bother posting in the Future for

by erikgraham » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 pm

So what is the alternative for someone (me) who wants to shoot stereo 3D 360 video?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm

That's not true. Autopano Giga is a strong product which provides the engine behind Autopano Video.
Even if the development is slower currently as we concentrating our effort on stitching video, the development continues. We have some nice features lineup for next big version ( aka autopano v5 ).

And as always, we listen to our customers. So if you post in future forum, we'll take your demand to drive roadmap. If you don't, we won't be aware.

2 people like this post.

no avatar
erikgraham

Info

by erikgraham » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Ok. That's a bit of a relief for a newbie like myself who just dropped some serious $$ on Avp and Giga.

no avatar
slipstick

Info

by slipstick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:26 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:That's not true. Autopano Giga is a strong product which provides the engine behind Autopano Video.
Even if the development is slower currently as we concentrating our effort on stitching video, the development continues. We have some nice features lineup for next big version ( aka autopano v5 ).

Thank you for chiming in with the reassurance.

no avatar
jon albert

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by jon albert » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Pany42 wrote:To anyone getting the idea of posting somehting about Autopano's Future in the "Autopano Future" forum: Don't bother, after the acquisition of Kolor the development seems to have stopped and I've seen no official dev or support reply here for ages. It's a pity, but there you are.

That sounds me a lot!
subchorionichemorrhagehealth care tippoikilothermiahyperthymesiadorsalgia
Last edited by jon albert on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

no avatar
Pany42

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by Pany42 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:15 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:That's not true.

Good to hear that - though you needed 14 days to react to a "your product is dead" post :-o

AlexandreJ wrote:Even if the development is slower currently as we concentrating our effort on stitching video, the development continues. We have some nice features lineup for next big version ( aka autopano v5 ).

That's nice to hear, but rather unsubstantiated and about what you are about to say, isn't it?

I'm sure next to a very rough release schedule, your customers would be glad to hear something about the nice features you've planned! That would prevent us from requesting something that is already on its way. For example, are you going to keep up with Adobe and their "boundary warp" in PS & LR?

leedsjoe

Info

Re: Autopano is dead - or is it? No release schedule, no not

by leedsjoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:21 pm

As Alexandre knows, I worked with Autopano from its early stages.

Am having problems of performance running under Window 10, also another problem with the latest APG release so using 4.2.3.

Cannot find any posts here during 2017. Today is 5/8/2018.

?