Support on the Panoshoot device
no avatar
caddzeus

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

what a rip off

by caddzeus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:21 am

I ordered the panogear with panoshoot Earlier this month and I feel totally ripped off. I can't believe Kolor is still selling the panoshoot with all the documented, known issues. Mine is connecting and operational but isn't shooting the pano correctly. As seen in the attached image it shoots the top row of the pano, then starts on the bottom row (I'm sure it's supposed to be shooting the second from the top row) gets toward the end and starts shooting up diagonally toward the top. Then it starts on the third row and completes it all the way across. Then goes back and repeats the bottom row with diagonal. So on and so forth leaving every other row blank and repeating the bottom row with diagonal in its place. It should also be noted that the camera is following the pattern of the display. It's not just a preview issue, it's an operation issue. And of course at the time of this writing the link to the latest firmware (101) isn't working so I can't even try updating from 100 to see if the issue has been corrected. Why my panoshoot wasn't shipped with the latest firmware is just one more question as to the competency of Kolor. How I wish I ran across this forum prior to purchasing this buggy, ill prepared product and with all the other messages on this forum documenting problems going back YEARS I have little faith Kolor has the ability or will to correct the issues and if they continue to sell this product it should be considered fraudulent and criminal. So disappointed.
Attachments
row3.jpg

Markus W. likes this post.

no avatar
karamany

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: what a rip off

by karamany » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:46 pm

You are not alone... I guess we all had such frustration and disappointment... still you can try and try and try... with lots of effort it will work, do not expect everything to be perfect of course.. as you mentioned, there are issues since years

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

Re: what a rip off

by klausesser » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 am

karamany wrote: . . as you mentioned, there are issues since years

Hasn´t been this way all the time with the Merlin/Orion. Once Kolor provided a controller which worked absolutely reliable and flawlessly and was sold more than 400 times without causing problems. Just plug´n play.

But it didn´t have this WiFi-thing . . no fancy screens . . that´s why it works so well . . . =D

Then they skipped it for the panoshoot . . . . for which reason ever. The result is what you´re experiencing right now.

Klaus (sorry, Kolor - just an open word)

2 people like this post.