Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Using NH with Corel PSP
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm 

I have had good results with NH with PSPX4 with two exceptions. It gives me an 'access violation' with moderately large files (35 mm negs scanned at 4800 dpi), and it requires re-registering after that failure and also the first time I use it after startup. I know my 32 bit computer needs more memory for processing large images so I am ok with fiddling with that to get the filter to work, but has anyone got an idea about how to avoid continually re-registering the application? I have three versions of Photoshop and PS Elements but I use PSPX4 for casual work, and really don't want to change SW just to use the filter.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:06 am 
Administrator

Assuming PSPX4 stands for PaintShop Pro, there is not an easy solution to your problem as Neutralhazer is designed to work with Photoshop software. PSP seems to provide a way to load and run Photoshop filters, but this doesn't mean Neutralhazer will be fully functionnal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:39 am 

ygilquin wrote:
Assuming PSPX4 stands for PaintShop Pro, there is not an easy solution to your problem as Neutralhazer is designed to work with Photoshop software. PSP seems to provide a way to load and run Photoshop filters, but this doesn't mean Neutralhazer will be fully functionnal.

That is disappointing!

I am a Paint Shop Pro user as well (version 12 or X2 as it is known) and I cannot get Neutralhazer to work at all. I have extracted the file manually and pointed PSP to the folder. I can see, and select NH as an option from my plugin menu but the result is always a popup that states "Failed to load the plugin's DLL". I have used several Photoshop plugins in the past and they have all worked fine in PSP. Not this one, unfortunately.

An appeal to the Kolor team - Photoshop is not the only image processing software out there. In fact, PSP is a just as capable as Photoshop, but for a much more reasonable cost, so many, many people use it. PSP is mainstrean software. Please, could you consider making plugins like Neutralhazer compatible with PSP? Most other plugin suppliers do! I would like to purchase and use Neutralhazer, but am prevented from doing so. :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 am 
Administrator

Neutralhazer consists in 4 files (3 dll and 1 8bf files). Have you pasted all 4 files in the same directory ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm 

Same problem with Gimp 2.8 and pspi: libiomp5md.dll and Neutralhazer_core_cs3_win32.dll will not be found when in the same directory as Neutralhazer_cs3_win32.8bf. I gave it a try while waiting for the Lightroom-version ;-)